Turn Signal Switch Testing

-

rod7515

Reaction score
Im working on a 66 Dart Automatic with shifter on the floor. Was wondering if I can test the turn signal switch operation before I put the column back into the car. I was hoping someone could tell me which wire carries in power and what I should see when operating the switch to the proper outputs.
Thanks Rodney

OK, I ran a quick test tonight thru the turn signal switch. I ran power into the switch thru the red wire on the turn signal switch. The diagram shows that as the wire for the flasher. I grounded the power thru the spring loaded horn contact. I checked all other wires and had no current anywhere else. I also checked for continuity thru horn circuit and I did. Next I moved the switch into the left position, at this time I had power to the lt and drk green wires and no where else. Then I moved the switch into the right position. At this time I have power to the tan and brown wires. Then I removed the power from the red feed and applied it to the white lead which is the brake signal. With switch in left position I had power to the brown wire or right brake light and with switch in the right position I have power to the drk green wire. I think this should be a good switch so I guess I can move forward with installing the column.
If I am wrong please let me know.
Thanks Rod

-
Back