turn signals stopped flashing

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
71 duster, originally a /6, now a 408 auto

been about a week since i drove the car, and when i went to take my boy to school this morning i noticed my turn signals werent working
when i turn them on the bulb will light up, the indicator on the dash will light up, but both will be on solid, they will not flash

now, ive had this issue before with a bad ground on the drivers side, but this is happening on both sides

is it safe to assume the flasher is toast?
and is that still an over the counter part?
and where is it located on the car?

thanks guys

This works for me.

Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 6.40.19 AM.png

Do your lights flash when turning on the emergency flasher? If so that's likely to rule out bad grounds. If working, your can swap the emergency flasher to the turn signal flasher. If the turn signals are now working, buy a new flasher at your favorite parts store. If still not working, then a possible suspect is the actual turn signal switch. Good luck with the troubleshooting!

I had to ground both tail lights and it fixed them.

i changed over the tail lights to LEDs several months ago and ran new grounds when i did this

Do your lights flash when turning on the emergency flasher?
the emergency flashers havent worked since ive owned this car
If so that's likely to rule out bad grounds. If working, your can swap the emergency flasher to the turn signal flasher. If the turn signals are now working, buy a new flasher at your favorite parts store. If still not working, then a possible suspect is the actual turn signal switch.
when i turn on the turn signal the bulb does light up, so is it safe to say the switch is sending power where it needs to go ?
seems like everything works as it should, except for the flasher?

Good luck with the troubleshooting!
thanks

If your emergency flashers have never worked, do you have the flasher installed for that circuit?

Not a clue...I'm not even sure where it is supposed to be

Hazard flasher is on right side of steering column support. Signal flasher is on right side of ash tray support.

Last edited:
i changed over the tail lights to LEDs several months ago and ran new grounds when i did this

Do you have an "LED friendly" flasher? Some don't like LEDs and some are "flakey"

Pull the flasher, take a scrap of wire, and jumper across the two terminals. Key on, the signal switch should light up both front and rear turn bulbs one whichever side. If this is happening, and if the brake lights work, search around for a "different" flasher

Many older flashers, EG, would not operate with one bulb burned out

thanks every one

Hazard flasher is on right side of steering column support. Signal flasher is on right side of ash tray support.

i picked up a new flasher yesterday
this morning i popped out the radio, swapped out the flashers and all is well
took all of 3 minutes

-
Back