Turning a 74 into a 72

-
Oh yes.. Block sanding is a BLAST! ;) Right... Did I tell you about the oceanfront property I have for sale in Arizona? haha! It is worth it though! I am reminded of that every time a new car comes out of the booth at the shop!

Oh yes.. Block sanding is a BLAST! ;) Right... Did I tell you about the oceanfront property I have for sale in Arizona? haha! It is worth it though! I am reminded of that every time a new car comes out of the booth at the shop!

Well I'd be interested in that property, but I didn't know Mexico was for sale. :cheers:

Weather looked nice this morning so I shot the body of the dart in primer. I see a couple places that still need some attention but overall it looks pretty good.

74%20dart%20135.jpg

I have a new wiring harness that doesn't need the bulk connector so I filled that hole in on the fire wall.

74%20dart%20136.jpg

It sure felt good to do something major to the dart, I still have the doors, trunk, hood and front fenders to get in primer but that shouldn't take to long.

74%20dart%20137.jpg

74%20dart%20138.jpg

Well it's back to work for me....

Looks great with the primer on it! I was just looking at a 74 and thinking about doing the same thing.

Great looking dart! I am always impressed by craftsmanship. I'm biased also, but I just love the open-mouthed predator look of the straight-hood cars (pre-73)

Decided on a color :cheers: its called true blue firemist. It's a base coat clear coat.

Been sanding all weekend and it's starting to get close to ready to paint.
I have a few small things to fix and she's ready:toothy10:

p32654(1).jpg

Nice color. I was thinking about something similar for my dart. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Is that a summit color?

not to hijack, but in the first set of pictures there is an orange 70-72 dart. what wheels are on that dart?

Got some more done on the dart, I've been sanding my brains out and am having a beer and taking a FABO break so here's the latest pictures.
The 72 fenders, back valance and the cross piece in front of the radiator. Also primed the trunk. Next the doors and hood.
I was hoping to get it all done this week end but I need to go to my folks and help my Dad with a few things.

74%20dart%20139.jpg

74%20dart%20140.jpg

74%20dart%20142.jpg

Great choice in beer. Hows primer and painting working out in WA? I'll be there in Feb, and will be putting primer on while I'm in El Paso...probably epoxy of some sort. Just worried about all the moisture. Looking good.

Shawn

Dart is looking great,I like the blue color you have chosen for her that's gonna look fantastic!

I said this on another 73 to 72 conversion have you considered getting rid of the side marker lights or converting to a different style...never a fan of the 'stick on' side lights. Just would look a little more slick.

Great choice in beer. Hows primer and painting working out in WA? I'll be there in Feb, and will be putting primer on while I'm in El Paso...probably epoxy of some sort. Just worried about all the moisture. Looking good.

Shawn

In the 80's here right now so no worries about the moisture. Yeah Fat Tire is pretty good beer!

-
Back