Turning to the dark side

-

gunbunny

Reaction score
Officially, as of this morning I am a parts manager of the newest Mitsubishi Dealership in America.
I was carrying mail, but health issues have caused me to retire from that.
Fortunately, the old Dodge dealer I was working for needed someone to help out and took me back. They lost their dealership back in 2009 during the bankruptcy. Pretty crappy thing to do to these people really.
I'm not wired to sit back and do very little, even though that all that was expected of me, the GM and myself found a franchise opportunity and jumped on it.
We have been working on this since September, this morning finally it all was official. Within an hour of the phone call, I had the delivery driver standing here wanting to know where and how to get in with parts.
This place had been a Dodge dealer since the 60's, the family that owns it now has had it since the 70's. Even though we lost the dealership, we were still getting a lot of Mopar people in here and everyone knows this place as "Joe Kidd Dodge".
It'll be sad to see the last of the Dodge stuff go away, as I write this, painters are repainting the walls and over the "Viper Red" paint. I took the mopar posters down for the painters, I don't think they'll go back up.
The GM and I are both Mopar guys, we're thinking of having a car show this summer in memorial of the of old Dodge dealership.
That being said, anyone need Mitsubishi parts?

Good luck with the new venture...I still dont know why they picked your shop to close. It was my favorite dodge dealer..Not to mention the parts guy was pretty cool..
What happens to all the leftover mopar parts still over there? I'm sure mitsubishi parts dont interchange.

lol

Well let me Congratulate you on the new venture gunbunny :cheers:
I wish you well and to prosper in this new part of your life
I don't need any parts, but if there is any turbo stuff I would think a few folks could modify a boost for there /6 maybe :burnout:
Looking forward to seeing a picture of the new ownership
Congratulations :happy1:

Good luck on your new adventure and hope it is everything you hope it to be.

Dan, most of the parts went to L-burg, but we sold that to Wyler Sept 2011.
I worked out a deal with Mopar to be a wholesale distributor, I'm still going to do that, and of course I still have the old catalogs. Can't walk away from free money.
They took our point because of Wyler, no other reason. They hated we were kicking their *** at every marker. Wyler and 5/3 were into Chrysler for a ton, we pay as we go. Didn't owe a cent. I do have some old crap here, it'll wind up with Gallo.

i would try to keep as much posters and what not i could let the old place live on through your garage!

seems to me several dodge dealership made the shift to mistubishi after losing thier dealership status
makes sense if you consider the joint venture between them back in the DSM days

my local dodge dealership is now also known as a mistu dealer but still hosts thier anual mopar meet

-
Back