Twin Snorkel Scoop

-

dazedduster

Reaction score
i AM LOOKING TO PUT A TWIN SNORKEL HOOD SCOOP ON MY 73 DUSTER
DOES ANYBODY HAVE SUGGESTIONS FOR A GOOD BRAND/PRICE

I put one on my 73 duster,bought it from AAR in florida,good quality piece,there a bit slow but i have no complaints,it looks great.

I bought one for my dart, about $300 total if I remember correctly with shipping. Great part, well crafted, they do take some time but are well worth it. AARqualityfiberglass.com I think the guys name is allen. he's really helpful and gives full instalation instructions.

- Stu

AAR will definitely be your best bet.........some other repops are poor quality at best, requiring a lot of block sanding and finishing.

BUT, you can STILL find originals out there for between $200. and $300.....most will need stripping and finishing work........if you can do it, they are a much better choice than repops.

The studs will usually be loose or sometimes missing on the originals, but you can easily redrill and tap for one-size over the standard, going to a 5/16 stud......the studs are available at Ace Hardware (almost exact to original), and you can repair bad stud mounting holes with a little short-strand fiberglass filler, then drill and tap properly for the new stud.

But again, AAR will be your best bet for the reproduction.

Agreed...i found a original entire hood with the dual scoops actually was a nice yellow paint job...unfortunately my car is Red. He wanted $200 for it.

I got mine from AAR and opened the hood for fresh air as I needed the clearance for the RPM manifold, adaptor, TQ carb and K&N extreme air cleaner.

Duster front view #1.jpg

Duster hood new.jpg

-
Back