Tyre wear

-

TimDart

Reaction score
guys, the drivers side front tyre is starting to wear on the outer edge. The passenger side is ok. Is the most likely cause down to toe in or should i look elsewhere.
none of the local service stations are familiar with the mopar suspension adjustments here in the UK which leaves me on my own! :book:

toe wear normally causes the inner edge to wear smooth if your tierod perhaps is worn you would have a zigzag pattern on the inner edge, as for your outter edge that can be caused by camber.
Has your car ever seen fac e to face with something not moving in that corner?

Inside of passenger tyre shows minimal wear if any.
I wondered if the camber could be the cause of the driver side wear.. The wear is very even on the driver side outer edge only. I'm completely new to adjusting Mopar suspension so appreciate any input. thanks guys.

Since there is no wear on the inside of the opposite tire I would put my money on the camber being out of adjustment. To adjust the camber you have to turn the eccentric bolts on the upper a-arm. Both bolts will have to be turned a like amount or you will change your caster. You need to check your toe measurement everytime you adjust your caster or camber. You really need a machine to adjust the caster and camber. But toe can be accomplished with a tape.

Thanks 340. I measured the distance between the front s of the tyres and the backs witha tape and straight edge. There is 1" less between the fronts than the backs.
When adjusting camber am i turning the concentric bolts clockwise or anti-clockwise to correct the camber. Hope this question makes sense!

Toe-in should be about 1/8". Camber should be slightly negative with as much positive caster as possible. There are inexpensive caster/camber guages out there that will suit you just fine, but you need a very level spot to work on.

Thanks Jim, i'll check with the Mopar owners club for tools over here. having looked again i'msure that the srivers side has too much positive camber.

-
Back