U-Joint size Question..................

-

65BCODA

Reaction score
If I were to have a drive shaft made and purchasing new yokes what would be the the ideal u-joint size......7260......7290.......1350?

I'm thinking the 1350, please correct me if wrong.

Roger

I've been watchin this thread to see what people say, lately I've been using 1350's, cause I think its stronger (but I may be wrong), but in my 48 that I put togather about 22 yrs ago, I have 7290's and I've put just over 200000 miles and have only changed them once about 30000 miles ago when I was searching out a vibration, so I dont think 7290's are to shabby either. I'm kinda interested in some opinions here also

I would recommend 1350s given a choice. That's what I've decided to use in my Dart. 7290's are strong as well.

When I had my shaft built, 1350 in rear, all they had for the front yoke was 90, but a solid one. They asked if it was drag, and said the solid 90 was fine...

It depends on what you are doing with the car. If you have 700 horses that are going to be hooking up on slicks, you probably want the 1350 U-joints. If you have a street car that has some good power but won't be hooking up, then 7290's would probably be enough. I'm putting 7260's in my 440 4-speed Satellite because they driveshaft that I have is for 7260's, so I'm not going to get another driveshaft just to get bigger U-joints. I'll let you know if they don't hold up.

Thanks for the replies folks.
Seeing as I'm spending the coin for all new, nothing to be reused, I will go with the 1350 even if its a bit of overkill.
Hopefully it WILL BE NEEDED.

Roger

-
Back