ughhhhh YearOne did it again!

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
last few orders I have got from year one or orders I attempted to get through year one have had some sort of problem associated.

rather its sending me damaged/wrong parts,not price matching some other companies price,customer service reps who like to give you the run around rather than give you knowledgeable information. and so on and so on

well, the did it again and I have just about had it with the troubles I keep getting from them.

so a little over a week ago I put my new windshield gasket on order for my duster..

I paid good money and shipping was not cheap either.

I lined up my glass guy to put the new windshield on order and install it and he has been waiting for my gasket to arrive.

today I was sitting here thinking about how I had not got any shipping confirmation emails or seen my package yet so I figured I would email yearone and see what the deal is...............this is what I got in reply.

"Hello,
Thank you for your patience on this order. We have the windshield gasket
on order with our supplier. They have unfortunately placed it on
national-backorder status with no ETA for deliver. They are having
supply issues. I apologize for any inconvenience. Let us know if you
have any further questions."

First I would like to know why I was not informed of this PRIOR to ordering, 2nd I would like to know why I received no emails or phone calls informing me of the situation and 3rd I don't care if they have to dig into their own pockets and buy the damn thing from another company and ship it to me.....I am paid in full and I expect my part.

now, I could understand if I was not trying to get the car done right away and it wasnt holding things up and I would understand if i knowingly purchased it with the knowledge of the issue.

but I was made to believe things were "the norm" . I even spoke with a yearone rep prior to ordering to make sure I was getting the right gasket and double check pricing on it and what not and they did not even bother mentioning it then!.

I don't know, maybe i am over exaggerating....I am just a little ticked off over it right now is all.

for future reference....don't anyone get a windshield gasket for a duster from year one unless you don't mind spending a ton for shipping and handling to EVENTUALLY receive the parts you ordered!

Cancel your order for a refund.hope you used a CC?There was a thread earlier about windshield gasket shortages.All suppliers are having a hard time getting them.The manufacture has closed it,s doors.Good luck.

yes they charged me for it and yes I paid with debit/credit card (instant payment) ....and I think shipping was $20.00 some odd dollars too .

only reason I went with yearone was because I had a 20% off discount code I wanted to use up and I got a good deal on the gasket (or so I thought at the time) .

Im going to see if they can work something out for me, otherwise I am going to ask for a refund, I just don't know of what all places have good deals on gaskets and ACTUALLY have them available .

(i tried the website you mentioned but it does not show the products or anything)

Welcome to year one. No more $ from me forever (this started 10 years ago). They are crap.

Welcome to year one. No more $ from me forever (this started 10 years ago). They are crap.

I liked using them before.....bought alot of stuff from them and they sponsored me in mopar muscle mag......but more and more stupid crap keeps happening with them and its not worth it.

I tried calling in to get a refund but they had already closed up shop for the night, so Ill have to do it later.

now I just have to find somewhere else that I can get it and hopfully around the same price!.....I got the one from year one at a price of about $87.00 after the 20% discount.

Dantes mopar parts. He takes the hassel out of dealling with all the B.S from all other companies. I ordered Orange interior for one of my Duster's through him. He was the best price. The door panels came from ledgendary and were not made correctly. He replaced them with no problem and he delt with ledgendary himself. I will not call anyone but him first. If he don't have it he'll find it. I delt with year one and ledgendary in the past. Their sales people are alot to be desired. Actually they are PR's

I called for a package tray for 67 Dart it was 35.95 plus shipping 48.00 over size frt charge. Thinking this was a little high 48.00 just for frt I told them I would call back.
Called another supplier and same package tray was 24.00 and 20.00 for oversize frt.
Not good business so I have told anyone who would listen about my experience. Year One will get no more money from me.

I checked dantes too and its shows them as being out of stock on windshield gaskets.....damn

-
Back