Under dash wiring photos 67-69 Needed

-

desmo900

Reaction score
Can someone post or direct me to some pictures of the wiring routing under the drivers side of the dash of a 1967-1969 Dart/Barracuda?

Particulary how it routes to not get caught up in the emergency brake but stay below the wiper mechanism. Does it tuck around the back side of the vent box. Using a American Auto Wire Classic update kit. Not sure if the bundle is bigger than the factory harness.

Pictures below are of what I am hoping to see:
SPo18s

desmo900n has shared 2 photos with you!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

it goes right behind the dash cluster above the steering column. than down the passenger side of the steering column. there is a tab that holds the factory wiring right under the speedo cable

Don't know if these help, but here they are. 69 barracuda dash wiring. Never been apart.

056.JPG

057.JPG

058.JPG

059.JPG

060.JPG

061.JPG

062.JPG

063.JPG

064.JPG

Particulary how it routes to not get caught up in the emergency brake but stay below the wiper mechanism. Does it tuck around the back side of the vent box. Using a American Auto Wire Classic update kit. Not sure if the bundle is bigger than the factory harness.

just incase you missed this in the AAW instructions. I am finishing up the install on my 69 Valiant with this kit. ensure you read slowly through the written directions, then read through a second time. I wish I had and it would have saved me from making some simple bonehead mistakes...

upload_2016-5-18_10-25-43.png

I ended up routing the end of the harness up above the fresh air vent. At the top of the vent housing, there is a support web molded in. I just drilled a hole in that, ran a zip tie through to secure the harness. It's nice and tight, can't migrate into the parking brake or into the wiper linkage.

-
Back