Unique Mailing Situation. What Would You Do?

-

hemi71x

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Recently i sold $190.00 worth of parts, that was paid in full, thru Pay Pal, Family or Friends.
The same day, i mailed out the parts to him, at the address that he gave me.
A couple of days later, i got a e mail, that the small, flat rate, USPS box is being returned to me as "insufficient" address.
Again, i wrote down the address as it was given to me.
I didn't make any error in addressing it.
I wrote him an e mail, and he didn't respond for a couple of days.
Then i left a message on his voice mail.
Still no response.
I GOOGLED the address and come to find out, it's a UPS store.
So i have no idea why the USPS couldn't deliver the package to that address.
Voice mail, and more e mails to him asking to give me another address to mail to.
Still no response from him at all.
Now what would you do?
I got his money, and i still also have the parts.
Do i just keep my mouth shut, and let him make contact with me, and just keep the parts?
Nothing like this has ever happened to me, in probably selling parts for 20 + years.
Jim V.
hemi71x

I don't know what other choice you have Jim, except keep trying? It sounds like you've tried sufficiently to me.

I'd give it another week and try to reach out thru email and phone again and tell him he has 30 days to respond. Put the box on a shelf for 30 days after that. If no response in that 30 days, make one more attempt to reach him, giving him 15 more days and let him know there will be no refunds or shipping after that 15 day deadline.
Keep notes.

I don't know what other choice you have Jim, except keep trying? It sounds like you've tried sufficiently to me.
I hate to say it Rob, but as usual, yer prolly right. I wouldn't keep mailing them to an addy that keeps refusing them. About all he can do is hold on to all the parts the man paid for, and keep trying to make contact, on a regular basis, hopefully his customers okay and didn't have some kind of emergency...

OP, you are one of the Aces on the site. Wait for the buyer to reach out to you. Something to think about is the more times it's in transit the greater of an opportunity there is to either have damage or get lost. It's not worth either risk.....

If it comes up in a thread (assuming this is where you did the transaction) any negativity towards you would get squashed... Hopefully there will be closure soon. If not, that's on the buyer and not you IMO....

JW

This is weird.
I should have kept my fingers off the key board for awhile.
I just got notified that i received a Pay Pal payment for return postage for the parts.
BUT not letting me know, where to send the package.
Oh well, guess more e mails at my end to be sent.

sounds to me like you've done your due diligence.

i like the suggestion above, give it a week and then make contact with the stipulation that you'll hold the stuff for 30 days. then hit him up for last call on it and if you don't hear nuthin for a month, hit him again and if radio silence for two weeks put it back on the market.

Jim, did you try to call the UPS Store that came up when you Googled the address? Maybe they will know the guy by name if you call them. Maybe they could tell you if he has a PO box there or regularly has stuff sent to them. It's strange that he hasn't reached out about the deal.

Jim, did you try to call the UPS Store that came up when you Googled the address? Maybe they will know the guy by name if you call them. Maybe they could tell you if he has a PO box there or regularly has stuff sent to them. It's strange that he hasn't reached out about the deal.
Didn't the cat PayPal him some cash for return shipping? It's definitely an oddity most car guys want their parts before they can get them!

Didn't the cat PayPal him some cash for return shipping? It's definitely an oddity most car guys want their parts before they can get them!
When i was a bit more flush, i would order parts Willy nilly knowing that i needed them eventually and many times could not keep track of what was on order and what was recieved.

I like calling the UPS store. Waiting for him is totally above board considering how much effort has already been spent trying to get him to respond.

$0.02

When i was a bit more flush, i would order parts Willy nilly knowing that i needed them eventually and many times could not keep track of what was on order and what was recieved.

I like calling the UPS store. Waiting for him is totally above board considering how much effort has already been spent trying to get him to respond.

$0.02
Well, I'd hate to see him going through some issues and lose his stuff... And Yes the OP has been trying to make it happen. I don't know the Guy, but hope him and his Family are not having issues

Well, I'd hate to see him going through some issues and lose his stuff... And Yes the OP has been trying to make it happen. I don't know the Guy, but hope him and his Family are not having issues
I did find out from him that he and the wife are having lots of "issues" and i guess he's not living there anymore, hence the UPS store address.
I'll wait for him to make re contact with me.

I did find out from him that he and the wife are having lots of "issues" and i guess he's not living there anymore, hence the UPS store address.
I'll wait for him to make re contact with me.
That just shows You are a Righteous Dude, Sir! Family issues Suck, Glad it ain't health reasons!

You might wanna ask if you should send it by UPS since it’s a UPS store.

IMG_5900.gif

I thought of that, because the USPS is losing money. That they would possibly Not deliver to competition. I got sidetracked and forgot. It's definitely possible! Y'all are a Sharp Crew!

Im not trying to be difficult, but I have not had any problems getting packages from USPS at my UPS store box........yet.

Im not trying to be difficult, but I have not had any problems getting packages from USPS at my UPS store box........yet.
I was wondering if there was a pissed off mailman, that day, for whatever reason, delivering to that address, that was written correctly on that small flat rate box?
Dunno.

I was wondering if there was a pissed off mailman, that day, for whatever reason, delivering to that address, that was written correctly on that small flat rate box?
Dunno.
A mystery for sure, but it will sort out. If I was getting stuff from you I'd make sure everything was copasetic on the receiving end, you do good work!

It shouldn’t matter what address USPS delivers to ,they already got paid for delivering it. I’m sure UPS gets snail mail too. It‘d be like having a mail box somewhere other than your house like a Mail box rental store.

Did it have his UPS box number as part of the address?
May be it didn’t have his box number on it.

Last edited:
It shouldn’t matter what address USPS delivers to ,they already got paid for delivering it. I’m sure UPS gets snail mail too. It‘d be like having a mail box somewhere other than your house like a Mail box rental store.

Did it have his UPS box number as part of the address?
May be it didn’t have his box number on it.
Yes, it was addressed to street number, highway number in that city.
And had his UPS store, box number also written down on the package.

Be careful. Do not keep his money. Return his money after a set time. Do not sell his parts unless you have proof positive he received his money back less any fee's you had
Do not do family and friends with this guy, eat the PP feel or add it into the cost of the item
Your got lucky you kept your parts and got paid, could have went the other way.
Give him a couple of weeks to get his act together or return his money and walk away
He may have some life issues more important than parts but thats not your problem

Update:
Finally got an address from this buyer, where i am now going to be sending the package along to him.
So i guess this little "issue" has come to an ending.
Thank's everyone.
Jim V.
hemi71x

-
Back