unique manual choke lever spots

-

skep419

5.9 Magnum 4 speed afficionado
Reaction score
I have mine under the dash to the left of the steering column. Thinking of moving it further right so the cable doesn't have to bend as much. anybody have it mounted in the dash or in the ashtray?

I like it where I can work it with my left hand so I can use the key with the other. By the way I used to make these using (whatever lever) on the choke linkage, sometimes soldered/ brazed on.......with a choke stop for a pivot on the linkage, "loose" so it would swivel, and the cable slide through. Then put a small spring on the end with and end stop. This allows some "spring" a ction so you can "set" it similar to the automatic spring, and the engine vacuum will slightly open it preventing flooding Been YEARS since I had these on my old FJ-40, SB Mopar

Same but different... My car is 67 A-body. Ignition switch is in a chrome bezel. I built a long cable remote mirror for my right door. Needed to put that controller somewhere. So I bought another ignition switch bezel and cut it into the dash ( see pic ).
I imagine a manual choke pull could be mounted in the same bezel but... Cutting this large bezel opening in the dash wouldn't be easy to undo.

DeMonDIN  02.JPG

-
Back