Update- Member makes good on transaction.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems something can be done to try to protect the selling environment.

The URL requirement is there to help ensure people actually participated in a transaction. Without it, you could just give me feedback even if I never made a For Sale ad. The URL is in the URL bar, not so complicated.

The problem is - many people don't bother to use the feedback system. It would help if the sellers and buyers asked each other to leave feedback after a transaction.

The URL requirement is there to help ensure people actually participated in a transaction. Without it, you could just give me feedback even if I never made a For Sale ad. The URL is in the URL bar, not so complicated.

The problem is - many people don't bother to use the feedback system. It would help if the sellers and buyers asked each other to leave feedback after a transaction.
Maybe, when a transaction is complete, The seller could push a button to generate a unique one time use "code" that they could let the buyer have, to use to post feedback.

Maybe, when a transaction is complete, The seller could push a button to generate a unique one time use "code" that they could let the buyer have, to use to pose a feedback.

I'll look into that -- you also have to remember, some things would be a coding nightmare to create. its not always simple to do. Not simple = expensive.

Or better yet, when seller marks the Ad sold, the "code" gets generated automatically.

Honestly, Joey, I'm an "average" guy here that is more car smart than computer smart. I always leave feedback... now!
  • My first time "trying" to leave feedback was when I bought a car from FABO. I could not get it done, honestly. I tried, but failed. My buying and selling on ebay, and whatever computer uses I've had at work were of no assistance.
  • The second time I tried was on a different transcation, I believe I asked for help in a thread, and with others direction, I was able to get it done.
  • Now, I can do it, nothing to it.
  • How many folks, after the first time would ever return to trying????

I got the tracking number, and the package is on it's way. Scheduled delivery on the 20th. When it arrives, I will leave the proper feedback on his profile. Good parts, good feedback. I guess the lessons learned here should be, if you're going to advertise something for sale, be ready to follow thru quickly with shipping. If you can't ship in a timely manner due to unforeseen circumstances, at least offer a full refund as an option. If you buy something, pay quickly....no matter which way you do it.

Glad its shipped. At least be up front if you havent shipped.

Last update....I got the chunk today. It was as he described in the ad, and he packed it well. I left him a neutral feedback for that reason. The condition of the parts and being packed well made me pull back from leaving a negative feedback because of the 2 month delay in shipping and lack of communication unless I dragged it out of him. Mods.....lock and delete, or lock and leave it up for a day or 2. Your discretion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back