Update on the buried 57 Plymouth

-
A short video can be found on Youtube. Search "buried plymouth". Some people don't even want it to be cleaned up??? I would say; inlist the help of a restoration guy, and make it the icon that it should be. Howard (Ford & Chevy might be a little upset, however).

If you read the stuff you'll learn that someone is supposed to WIN that car. In 1957 everyone in the town was allowed to submit their guess on the population of the town in 2007. They are to now open the guesses, and whoever is closest wins the car..or their heirs.

I agree, the car should be restored and turned into a museum piece for the town.

Here is a Youtube video of the unveiling...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l9iaWIk8H3U

What the hell does Boyd Coddington have to do with this thing?? His guys are there cleaning it up and you can hear several people saying they should leave it like it is. I guess the powers that be made the decision to let them do it.

I would like to see what it looks like without all that clay on it though.

Thanks, I did find a link to it for pic on another site. That is a good video. I think they should clean it up and see just how bad it is.

that bumper that one of those guys cleaned off looks pretty damn good and it doesnt look like theres much rot from what i saw

yah i would like to see what it looks like underneath of that grime as well... the material stuff looks like it took the worst of it to me...could be wrong though...

i want more video footage :crap: ha, im surprised i though it would be worse, especially after seeing it covered in water. now all it needs is some tlc :goodman: im unsure if i would like to see it restored or left alone, but it should defiantly be put in a museum

BrianT said:
Here is a Youtube video of the unveiling...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l9iaWIk8H3U

What the hell does Boyd Coddington have to do with this thing?? His guys are there cleaning it up and you can hear several people saying they should leave it like it is. I guess the powers that be made the decision to let them do it.

I would like to see what it looks like without all that clay on it though.
Yea, old Boyd kinda shot off his mouth, "I will restore it for free". That was until he saw it unvieled, he then stated "It would be better to preserve it in as found condition" As far as him being here, I guess thats the only TV show that our local polaticians watch. Tulsa has also buried a Plymouth Prowler, that alot of people don't know about. I wander what its going to look like?

I would think the fate of the car should lie with the winner of the car! Right now there is a bunch of people, including Boink Codless messing with someone elses property! Who wants to bet how long it will be before it winds up on Ebay? And how much it will bring?

I really want to see what it looks like without all that mud on it. They need to take it down to the local coin-wash and get 'er done!

That's just sad:(

I saw a bunch of old Belvedere's today on their way back from Tulsa on I-44. I guess they went out there for the unveiling, I bet they were bummed.

yes,,during the digging up of old mz belvedere,,,they mentioned,,,searching time capsuals in north america,,and coldnt find another buried car,,they said and we have 2 in tulsa,,,,,,i heard on the news tonight they buried a plymouth prowler,,,,,i bet what ever fool gave them that prowler,,may of changed his mind if he seen mz belveder first,,,,,any one find any footage of the buried prowler ???? the digging up will be in 2048....hope they didnt use the same vault,,,,

It would be ashamed if they did not restore it back.
But I think they will!!

thanks for the link to the pic gallery,,so SAD,, but that front bumper looks promising,,,other parts of the car may not be so bad,,,wash it off,,rub it out,,see whats what,,,,,,did any one notice the battery was still hooked up,,??????? crap ooozing out from under the air cleaner,,,the beer cans didnt make it,,,they were steel back then i believe,,,any one heard or read if they were able to figure out who the lucky or unlucky winner of that car may be ??? they said that the mirco film had to be intacted in that canister,,,to tell who the winner would be,,,????
i agree,,i hope the winner if there is one,,,decides to restore it,, and musem it,,,wonder if it wil be at chrysler at carlisle?????

Once they find out who owns it, they will have up to 5-years to claim it. That was announced on the news this morning.

YIKESS the protoype,,,,prowler >??? welded shut,,pressureized ,,wil it survive?????

wonder why no national media hoopla about that car,,,

thanks for the link,,,my favorite modern day car,,going under

FOR SALE. Price reduced to 250,000,000

Recently found. A 1957 DODGE Belvedere Charger. This highly optioned one owner car was part of a very privet collection. The eccentric owner had it locked in a sealed vault for fifty years and never drove it. This car will need a total restoration but it is a complete car. All documentation is present. This car, when restored, will command top dollars. If you know anything about MOPARS, you know that these cars are rising in value everyday and will make an AWSOME investment. Don’t pass up this once in a lifetime opportunity to own a very RARE MOPAR.
Donald Duck certified water damage.

Contact us @ Tulsa Time-bomb Machines
We are a Licensed, Bonded, and Insured Dealer.
:farao:

-
Back