upper control arm

-

midlifecuda

Reaction score
Yup, I screwed up...pressed out my upper ball joints not realizing that they threaded in. Anyhow, anyone have any experience with the reproduction upper control arms on ebay....and no,I don't want to go tubular. I have a 72 swinger. Also, what years swap out, I know 73 and up are different.

73 up use a bigger ball joint. The 73 up are getting harder to find due to the old mopar action brake swap.
I happen to know where a set of pre 72 uppers are, if your interested

I called the an ebay site advertiser in July that had stamped upper arms, The guy told me they were made "offshore" and he didn't know if they were big (73 up) or small (72-64?) ball joints in them so I went with the tubular style uppers(they fit good but there were no provision to hold the ball joint grease boot against the inner arm and I needed to lengthen the upper bump stops to hold the arm from damaging the grease boot, If I had known about this issue I would have looked harder for a good used pair of arms.

I would try to find a good used original vs. aftermarket. 67-72 upper arms from any A-Body are all the same. I "think" you can go all the way back to 63 also, but I am not positive. Maybe someone else will chime in for sure on that.....

Don't feel bad about pressing out the joints. I've read about machine shops doing that also. We all make mistakes and learn from them. :thumblef:

i have an extra set i got with my kelsey hayes disc brake setup. My car is a 70 guy told me the setup came off a 69. I am just planning on using my origionals. Let me know might be able to work something out.

i will pop one off for ya for 25. plus shipping. will come off 72 drum brake swinger. oops just saw you need two. 40. plus shipping for a pair

i will pop one off for ya for 25. plus shipping. will come off 72 drum brake swinger. oops just saw you need two. 40. plus shipping for a pair

Now that's a great deal DD....Nice offer :thumbup:

I'll take em so long as the seat areas are in good condition (no heavy rust). Are the ball joints still in? Pete

I'll take em so long as the seat areas are in good condition (no heavy rust). Are the ball joints still in? Pete

yeah and they arent too rusty as they are on a tx.car. i cant guarantee the ball joints. but the arms will be in good shape or i wont send them. I can also shoot a little pb blaster on the ball joints so when you get them they will be ready to pull.l

Gotta love that Texas hospitality! Go Rangers...one NYer who hates the Yankees (I'm a disgruntled Met fan!)

-
Back