US Mag Indy wheel question

-

FlamesAreWicked

Reaction score
They show a 15x7 with a 3.75 backspacing available with a small bolt pattern. I’m gonna venture a guess this will fit fine on a 67-69 Dart? 15x7 would be great but I wanted to make sure and if anyone else has ran these on that era of car.. I’m thinking a 225 or maybe even a 235 tire would work? I’d rather have a bit of sidewall bulge over them being too narrow for the wheel.

Also they take 60° conical lugs which I think are pretty standard. Being these are LH studs on the left side (from factory) I’ll need to double check before ordering lugs.

If anyone has any photo examples, that would be great too. My favorite all time wheel for cars of this era is the old slot mags and I was stoked to find out that they make them in SBP. At first I thought I was gonna have to do with cragars again since they used to be a cheap wheel option… not anymore. Indy mags being cheaper now is the icing on the cake..

IMG_9383.jpeg
IMG_9384.png

Last edited:
This is a pic of the US MAG 15in sbp with a 255/60/15 M/T ET STREET S/S with only a 3in 6 leaf lift spring plenty of room between tire and spring iffy on fender lip this is on a 64cuda
Decided to switch over to lbp

20240327_132811.jpg

20240327_123245.jpg

This is a pic of the US MAG 15in sbp with a 255/60/15 M/T ET STREET S/S with only a 3in 6 leaf lift spring plenty of room between tire and spring iffy on fender lip this is on a 64cuda

View attachment 1716249076

View attachment 1716249077
Since the 67-76 rear wheel opening doesn’t have the radius that a Demon/Duster has.. I know it’s a limiting factor.. just didn’t wanna find out the hard way lol

To be honest... I'd like to see more backspace, 4 or 4 1/4. Closer to the spring, farther from the fender. The wrong backspace can make a wheel almost useless. (I know, I have three pairs that way). I fully realize there's virtually no choice in 5 on 4 anymore.
That said, a conservative tire size choice should work. 225 or 235 will be fine on a 7" rim
I would. consider a 215 /60 for the front, and a 225 or 235/60 for the rear.
Next: the conical seats eat up thread length on the studs, (by a factor of the thickness of the wheel flange. The old mag lugs didn't have that problem. I would plan on 20 new longer studs, along with the wheel purchase. (Bonus! Goodbye left hand studs!)

To be honest... I'd like to see more backspace, 4 or 4 1/4. Closer to the spring, farther from the fender. The wrong backspace can make a wheel almost useless. (I know, I have three pairs that way). I fully realize there's virtually no choice in 5 on 4 anymore.
That said, a conservative tire size choice should work. 225 or 235 will be fine on a 7" rim
I would. consider a 215 /60 for the front, and a 225 or 235/60 for the rear.
Next: the conical seats eat up thread length on the studs, (by a factor of the thickness of the wheel flange. The old mag lugs didn't have that problem. I would plan on 20 new longer studs, along with the wheel purchase. (Bonus! Goodbye left hand studs!)
With the level of removal and install tools out there .. I guess replacing them wouldn’t be too bad to do and yes.. good bye to left hand threads lol

The trick will be finding the,right spline size, with longer threads. I think there have been several threads and stickys about longer studs, both here and b-bodies. Search time.
And I think Dorman has listings of the dimensions of their studs on their website.
Edit: it makes a difference if you have front discs or drums. They take different studs.

The trick will be finding the,right spline size, with longer threads. I think there have been several threads and stickys about longer studs, both here and b-bodies. Search time.
And I think Dorman has listings of the dimensions of their studs on their website.
Edit: it makes a difference if you have front discs or drums. They take different studs.
This is a power brake car but I’d expect they’re drums.. I pick the car up next week. I’ll need to make a list of to-dos

If anyone has been down this road before and can suggest replacement stud sizes.. it would be much appreciated. Going all RH alone is reason enough

Since you said it's for a 67-69, my wheels are 15x7 with a 41/4 inch backspace. I think that a 3.75 will push the wheel, and tire into the fender.

Since you said it's for a 67-69, my wheels are 15x7 with a 41/4 inch backspace. I think that a 3.75 will push the wheel, and tire into the fender.
At least as of now.. the only wheel offered with the small bolt pattern is the 15x7 with 3.75 back spacing. Hmmm

I do plan to run super stock rear springs which will give a little more clearance on the rear than factory height..

Not quite the same car, 1965 dart. But 15 x 7 US Indy mags with 235/60 Cooper cobras up front. Second picture is looking down from above at the fender, you can see there is no wheel poke. 255/60 out back.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

If I ran the Slot mag, I was gonna run a 225 width on the rear.. US Mag lists the backspace as 3.80 and Summit shows 3.75 but 4.0 or more would have been better. I’m sure they’ll fit but it’ll limit my tire choices

Looks like the back order is to July on the Boyds. That would be a sweet wheel with the gray centers.. chrome looks good but on a wheel that size.. it’s almost a little gaudy

-
Back