USCT Level 2 kit for Early As!!!

-
vntned, here's what the Magnum Force forward strut brace kit looks like. It's installed on my "early early" '62 Valiant:
Valiant wiring.jpg

At first blush the $299 price seems expensive, but I priced out the materials (which I would have to buy at retail) and changed my mind. And the materials are nice, all of exactly the right size and gauge; I am happy with the way it turned out; and so I can't complain. This is another example of the manufacturer not advertising the product as fitting an "early early" car, though it actually does.

That strut brace kit looks pretty cool. Not sure I'd wann have to work around it in the engine bay though.

On a positive side note, I got a chance to swing by USCT today to check on the progress. My rear quarter patches were about done and being ready to weld I. I forgot to take pictures of that. Mainly because I was so excited about taking pics of the front fender braces and front core support that are now cut/bent and ready to be installed. Some of the pieces were tacked in place.

First off here is a pic of the stock upper shock mount fender bracing, followed by a picture of the reinforcement plates boxing it in.

Next is the fender braces and where they will be when installed, followed by some pics of the front core support.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

They do very nice work. Thanks for updating us with the pictures.
Traveling to Boone,nc in march. I need to swing by and check them out on the way.

I will be right behind you ordering the Stage 2 kit if they finally start producing the extra pieces for the early A's, I have everything else they offer, very good quality all around!

Same here. Their products fit great.

Same here. Their products fit great.

Placed my order a couple days ago along with a drive shaft hoop for early A's which they are also producing now..
Awesome service and quality, my build will now include all they offer for a 64..

Just picked up my car yesterday! I can't wait to get it back on the road and see what a difference everything made!

You should be able to get the Stage 2 stuff now. Just give John or Chris a call and tell them, Ned recommended you call them! They make some great products!

And I also need to go back and get one of their driveshaft safety loops. I forgot all about it.

That strut brace kit looks pretty cool. Not sure I'd wann have to work around it in the engine bay though.

Actually, it doesn't get in the way of anything. Changing the plugs is still easy. If you really want to build a car that corners, I think you are going to need to tie the firewall into the front end in order to stiffen it up.

If you look closely at the pic of the inner fender braces, you can see that they tie the firewall, to the inner fender and the upper shock mount bracing which I also reinforced. And the front core support ties the two front frame rails together. While not directly designed the same as your brace, it should have the same effect as far as stiffening the front chassis.

USCT will have stage 3 kits for early A’s shortly as my 66 is currently there under the knife.

AGREE on the upper strut braces . the ones underneath don`t stiffen the front frame rails as much .

Looking good. My 66 is a bit loose and I'm sure a stage 1 kit would tighten it up.

I hope you got an agreed on price, in writing...

Did you feel a difference in the chassis of your car after all that was done? I like the front fender brace but the holes bother me in the fact, that they will collect dirt and road grime. That could lead to rust

There was a notable improvement in stiffness and rigidity. The subframe connectors and torque boxes are a great addition!

Do you know if they are going to start offering mini tub kits for early A’s?

I hope you got an agreed on price, in writing...

I have know John over 10 years I’m not real worried on pricing. Also have long a bit of other work done. And two buddies have theocars with USCT for full restos.

Do you know if they are going to start offering mini tub kits for early A’s?

That’s the addition part to a stage 3 over stage 2. My wheel tbs are currently out of the car and they are prototyping

Just saying. My price was doubled AFTER the work was done. They said that they didn't quote it high enough, but that's not my fault. The frame stiffening stuff was installed well. The trunk floor, extensions and lower rear quarters we're poorly done.

Just saying. My price was doubled AFTER the work was done. They said that they didn't quote it high enough, but that's not my fault. The frame stiffening stuff was installed well. The trunk floor, extensions and lower rear quarters we're poorly done.

Suprising I know they had a bunch of personal come and go over the last few years. Maybe that has some impact on your deal. For me it was the stage 3 kit, floor pans,& drivers rocker at a price I was cool with. Then depending on budget cowl repair and quarters. Then probably media blast and paint

Just fitted a USCT spring relocation kit in my '63 Dart, gotta say the quality was excellent and fitting easy. They also shipped to me in the UK in super quick time.
I enquired about a mini tub kit and has as been said, they are in development as we speak and should be ready shortly, unfortunately time is against me so I did my own.
so USCT get an first rate from me for quality and service

I have installed their stuff on a '69 valiant and it was top notch for sure. I just contacted them about the availability of the level 3 kit for early A's. They said it was currently in development. I guess it's safe to assume they are using your car Bogie. Very cool news. I'm looking forward to receiving the E-mail telling me the level 3 kit is ready.

Thanks to you Vntned & Bogie for helping to make this happen.

Vntned: Any chance you could get a picture or two how they routed and supported your parking brake cable? That’s a loose end on my ‘66 Barracuda I still have to resolve.

I'll see if I can get pics later. They routed through the frame rail. It's not very convenient.

-
Back