using a 64-5 LA intake on a 66 and up LA motor

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm working on a 318 and want to use a D-64 dual plane, dual quad Edelbrock manifold on it. opening up and changing the angle on the bolt holes is pretty straight forward (and doesn't have to be super precise), but I don't want to grind down the surface where the intake bolt heads seat. I'd rather make some washers that are tapered to correct the angle on the manifold surface. I read that the correction is 16 degrees. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone done this before? Once I get the angle confirmed is there anybody that wants to make a set of these washers to sell to me?

McMaster-Carr has 'em. Might take some digging, but they're in the catalog. I'd look them up for you, but every time I go into their catalog I get sidetracked for hours...

I'm working on a 318 and want to use a D-64 dual plane, dual quad Edelbrock manifold on it. opening up and changing the angle on the bolt holes is pretty straight forward (and doesn't have to be super precise), but I don't want to grind down the surface where the intake bolt heads seat. I'd rather make some washers that are tapered to correct the angle on the manifold surface. I read that the correction is 16 degrees. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone done this before? Once I get the angle confirmed is there anybody that wants to make a set of these washers to sell to me?
You can if you must. The 66 and up intake bolt seats are parallel with the machined intake surface. If you grind the intake make sure the bolts don't bottom out when you tighten it down.

You can if you must. The 66 and up intake bolt seats are parallel with the machined intake surface. If you grind the intake make sure the bolts don't bottom out when you tighten it down.

That's one of the reasons I want to go the tapered washer route

-
Back