using bullets vs flowmasters

-
wow those right over the collectors are going to be hella loud! lol

i called and talked to the people at borla. they recommend the x pipe before there xr 1's over straight pipe between the collector and muffler. i think the borla xr 1 is for me, but it will be late in the season when i do it. i still like the sound of my super 44's with the x pipe, but i'm looking for better performance at the track.

i called and talked to the people at borla. they recommend the x pipe before there xr 1's over straight pipe between the collector and muffler. i think the borla xr 1 is for me, but it will be late in the season when i do it. i still like the sound of my super 44's with the x pipe, but i'm looking for better performance at the track.

did they recommend the xpipe for the increased power or to help reduce noise slightly, since the xr-1's are race mufflers...or did they not say why they recommend it

they did'nt specify why to use x pipe, but i assume it was for more performance because thats what we were talking about at the time.

did they mention anything about its sound levels, like if they recommend it for street use or not, and did they actually call it a "race" muffler? just wondering

no on all the above. they felt they would perform better than the flowmasters and recommended the x pipe with them.

is that sarcasm? lol do you have any sound clips or your car running that you would like to post for us to hear?
Whaddya think! Frankly, the cops never seemed to bother me running loud exhaust since I'm much older now and save the drags for the track. I think they're too busy chasing down the kiddies in their Hondas. I had a Volare that I ran with open headers a couple years ago, and the only time a cop ever talked to me it went something like this:

COP-Jeez, little loud, don'tcha think?
ME-Yeah, waiting for my new exhaust to come in the mail.
COP-What's it got in it?
ME-30 over 318
COP-You don't race that thing on the street, do ya?
ME-Nah, too old for that ****, why, is that a challenge?
COP-(laughs) Ever run it at Numidia?
ME-Nope, I'm gonna try to get there next season.
COP-Well, get that exhaust on as soon as you can, and in the meantime, just don't get on it through the residential areas, okay?
ME-Yup. Later on man.

I'll get sound clips when I get a video posted. Hopefully soon!

cool man...i know most cops respect the older guys with our types of rides...me and my dad were blasting right by the cop station in my area with his 69 440 dart that is loud like crazy, and there was a cop while my dad was planting it and he didnt even care to look- especially since it was a quiet day and he really had nothing better to do....I do plan on driving mine as a daily driver, so not so sure i could get away with it, plus i dont think my parents (or neighbors) would appreciate me coming home late on the weekends with bullets lol...the fact that im young isnt gonna help my situation with the cops either- thats why im growing a nice long beard to look older lol

I have on my stroker 65 dart 402 magnum 3" x-pipe and dynomax ultra flo mufflers . fenderwell 1 7/8 " hedmann headers .They dump before the rear end with turn downs .
had flow masters 3 chambers on before this.
Unbelieveable hp gain !!! ultra flos flow 3 times as much as the flow masters . And it is quieter !!! I now believe the one tenth 1/4 mile gain !!
darty

raggie  GLASS  hood bumper frt view II pix.jpg

I have on my stroker 65 dart 402 magnum 3" x-pipe and dynomax ultra flo mufflers . fenderwell 1 7/8 " hedmann headers .They dump before the rear end with turn downs .
had flow masters 3 chambers on before this.
Unbelieveable hp gain !!! ultra flos flow 3 times as much as the flow masters . And it is quieter !!! I now believe the one tenth 1/4 mile gain !!
darty

quarter mile gain= awesome!
quieter= BAD! lol atleast for me :pirat:

i had welded ultra flo's on the x pipe at one time, but i thought it was to quit for me. i like it loud, but i want better performance with it. i'm still looking at the borla's.

i had welded ultra flo's on the x pipe at one time, but i thought it was to quit for me. i like it loud, but i want better performance with it. i'm still looking at the borla's.

are those xr-1's on the way yet or what? lol cant wait to hear a clip of them..dont think ive heard them on a mopar

-
Back