-
Status
Not open for further replies.

valiant1966

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I need a V8 steering center link that will fit my 1966 Valiant. Car is a /6 will be putting in a V8 in the spring so I am gathering parts to make this as easy as possible. This is one of my last missing parts and maybe the most difficult.
I know I can shim the motor mounts or cut or dent the oil pan but why bother if I have time to find the correct parts?

Must be a 64-66 V8 part i think?

PM me with price, payment method and possibly a pic(I got burned on motor mounts cause someone "thought" they had the correct ones). Thanks,Dennis

this came out of a 69 cuda 318. dont know if there the same. 40.00 plus shipping

Attachments

• mopar parts 003.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 245
have you checked the one in your car? you might already have the dropped link-,there are some pictures on here(fabo) showing them together-- -- just because you have a slant car -does not mean it is a slant link-- especially since it is a 1966, Lawrence

Thanks VDART and I was aware of that but I was not that fortunate. 2manymopars....give me a yell if it comes up

Make sure you don't have the "dropped" link. All 66 "A" bodies, got the same link six, or eight (part number 2269 359). But it is possible it got changed out to the 64-65 six cyl link during it's lifetime.

What do you mean by "dropped link"? The center link on my car has about a half inch drop but nothing like the V8 ones I have seen. I know this cars history and nothing has been changed on it except what I have changed. Always good to gain new knowledge. Thanks.

I parted out a 66 6 cylinder Barracuda last year and it had the 6 cylinder center link. It appears nothing had ever been changed suspension-wise, so I believe it was original to the car.

I refer to the V-8 center link as a "dropped" link, because the center is lower then the 6 cyl link. In 64, and 65 the links were different. In 66 both the v-8 and 6 cyl were "supposed" to get the same link. The 66 parts manual only shows one link. It has the same part number for both applications (pn 2269 359). It could be that the production line used up the left over 6cyl links in the 6 cyl cars, till they ran out, then used the V-8 link in the remaining production, and the parts manual, calls out just the v-8 "dropped" link as a replacement for both applications. I don't have a 64 or 65 parts manual to see what it has for a callout.

hey valiant 66 post up a picture of your installed link, with out a comparison piece it would be hard to tell by just looking. the dropped link is thicker & the drop is not huge. Lawrence

Okay, VDART. Just for you, I went out, jacked the car up, crawled under there and did what I could. Not good but not easy. It would be a lot better to have a V8 and /6 out of the car on the ground for comparison. I think there is one somewhere on the forum but try as I might, I could not find it.

100_0808_zps16d4f1a2.jpg

100_0809_zps0891cccf.jpg

100_0808_zps16d4f1a2.jpg

a>

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back