Vacuum hose diagram '72 Duster

-

bigtooth

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
New here, and looking for a bit of help. I'm looking for the diagram of the heat/ac vacuum lines and electrical system for a 1972 plymouth Duster with factory AC. Originaly the car was a 318, but now its a 360. The vacuum resivoir is not hooked up to a source rather the vacuum line from the carb is hooked directly to the vacuum actuator on the coolant line under the hood, going in to the heater core.

There are two vacuum lines coming out of the dash, one black, one black with white on it. They both are hooked to the vacuum resivoir, this doesnt seem right.

Also, the heater door in the heater box has two cables attached to it, one is then attached to a small electrical swith looking thing, with two electrical leads but no wires are attached. the other is not attached to anything.

the ac push buttons seem to work but the heat/def buttons push hard and dont really push the other buttons back out.

I'm not interested in getting the ac to work, but I do need to get the defrost/heat to work. RIght now the air just blows out the ac vents with the blower is activated.

Whew, sorry for all the detail! Any diagrams or advice/thoughts will be really apreciated!

thanks!

-
Back