"Valdez is coming"

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Just watched this ...again.....I somehow missed this when it came out. Must'ha been too busy threatening the pubic with the 70 RR "back then"

Burt Lancaster, 1971

Valdez_is_Coming__1__21892s+%281%29.jpg

valdez-is-coming3.jpg

I thought this was gonna be about an oil spill.

Now that is pretty funny, that is, if you can find anything funny about an oil spill.

Hell, that's all that comes up when you type in "Valdez"

Is this a good one? I've never seen it.

Cool...Bob Valdez...saw this in a theatre when it first came out...loved it...Marla

burt lancaster was good in everything I ever saw him do. (jmo) too bad he was such a liberal ! what happens to actors and performers, when they make it big, they turn to such know it all idiots, that are always off base and out there ?

Hell, that's all that comes up when you type in "Valdez"

Is this a good one? I've never seen it.

I think so. I watch it occasionally. Found it, where else? in a thrift store on what else? VHS LOL. I'm sure you can get it here and there.

Pretty good old western for sure.

But not up there with Lancaster and Douglas in Gunfight at OK Corral, that one is sublime.

Burt's finest...Birdman of Alcatraz. Just my opinion.

Just watched this ...again.....I somehow missed this when it came out. Must'ha been too busy threatening the pubic with the 70 RR "back then"

I would imagine, with a 70 RR "back then" this was a much easier task than it is today.

I have to admit, I came along a little later. My favorite Lancaster/Douglas movie is "Tough Guys".

[ame]https://youtu.be/QerGDkBDFWQ[/ame]

I snagged it on Ebay last night in a 3 pack. I like Burt Lancaster so I am sure it will be good.

I would imagine, with a 70 RR "back then" this was a much easier task than it is today.

I have to admit, I came along a little later. My favorite Lancaster/Douglas movie is "Tough Guys".

https://youtu.be/QerGDkBDFWQ

Oh, man you have NO idea. I was stationed at Miramar then. One day I got up real early on a Sunday morning, like, 6AM. I discovered that even on I-5 N of Miramar towards Del Mar there is no BODY. I used to crank that thing right up. That thing had 3.54 gear and the tires put 70 right at 3K. It would do 140, and was a LOT of fun getting there. Back then, the CHP did not have RADAR.

Yeah, by the time I got to Miramar, I-5 was stupid with traffic at all hours. Course, I didn't have a 70RR, either. All I had was a 5 year old Ford Ranger V6.

Yeah, by the time I got to Miramar, I-5 was stupid with traffic at all hours. Course, I didn't have a 70RR, either. All I had was a 5 year old Ford Ranger V6.

When were you there and what did you do? I was there 70-74, maintained GCA RADAR. Our shop is all covered up with concrete, now, way out along the taxiway, our shop used to be off the W end of the bore sight range, if you can find a photo of that. I've not been able to find any online

When were you there and what did you do? I was there 70-74, maintained GCA RADAR. Our shop is all covered up with concrete, now, way out along the taxiway, our shop used to be off the W end of the bore sight range, if you can find a photo of that. I've not been able to find any online

I didn't spend that much time there. I was an AT, and my ship was making the change over to the F-14D Super Tomcats and they needed a radar tech for them. Miramar had the school for the USM-467 RADCOM test bench, which was used to R&R the AN/APG-71 radar in the plane. I was there from May to August of 97. I was also at North Island from April to August of 95. Never spent more than a few months in San Diego at any one time, but absolutely loved the place!

-
Back