valiant back seat

-

vitamindart

Reaction score
is it possible to use a Barracuda back seat in a valiant?
valiant is a 66 cuda is a 65.
now i realize the cuda is a fold down seat and the valiant is not.
the reason i ask is i just picked up a 65 cuda and it has interior my valiant does not. the cuda is pretty rough and will probably end up as a parts car.

No. The seat bun might work, but not the back.

Being you have a complete parts car it is not beyond making it work if you cut the hinges and putting it in the Valiant. Cut the seat braces out of the Valiant leave the speaker deck above it and have a Very unique Valiant that has a fold down rear seat.

I think I still have a rear seat up in the rafters for a 66 Valiant. Interested?? Let me know, Geof

cosgig, i may take you up on that.

chryslerfat, that was what i was thinking would be kinda neat to have the folding rear seat in the valiant. i guess i will have to pull it out of the cuda and see how it would go.

You will not have enough room for the seat to sit flush, because of the latch bar or latch in the upright position because of the framing of the back seat in the Valiant.

You will not have enough room for the seat to sit flush, because of the latch bar or latch in the upright position because of the framing of the back seat in the Valiant.
That is why I mentioned cutting the seat braces from the Valiant. And possibly removing part of the speaker deck ie package tray.

The Barracuda hinges and seat back latches mount on the leading edge of the wheel wells, so that conversion would work great in a wagon. That said, I'm in the process of installing a complete 66 Barracuda interior including the fold down rear seat in my 65 Dart wagon.

-
Back