Valiant Body parts or patches

-

Slim Flipmin

Reaction score
Hey ya'll! I'm new here and have a couple questions I hope you can help me with. I'm getting into a. 64 or 65 Valiant. Are there body patches or panels available new? Are the body panels compatible w Dart and Barracuda of the same years. Can I put a SB into it without cutting up the hood? Any input would be welcome.... Thanks in advance!!

yes you can... 64 was the first v8....you will need to find a v8.. center link..for steering to clear oil pan...you need motor mounts...for 273...they fit into x frame where 6cly mounts go...need 273 exhaust manifolds...my 64 has 318 mag efi...od trans.. ford 8.8 posi..out of an explorer...disc on all four....need any info ...message me

Welcome! Always nice to have another Valiant enthusiast around. If you want a much easier project and a bunch more new parts, get a '65 Valiant Signet V8. You'll have a '64-'65 Barracuda from the doors forward. This is why getting a Signet is important. V8 makes it way easier to do a bigger engine swap. 65 also gives you a bigger radiator, which is important on the V8 cars. No one makes a replacement grille, so make sure you get a good one, or start looking for a good one right away. These things have a tendency of bending if you look at them funny (especially the 65s) so good luck with that one. Don't get too hung up on trim rings. Unless they've been replaced, they're gonna be damaged. Replacement ones exist, but you can only get them from Layson's, and they're out for the time being. They're planning to have them back in stock by the end of the year though.

I prefer the look of the 64s personally, but I'm biased from owning one for over half my life. Speaking as someone who is currently building one, I would say that having to adapt everything from from 65 Barracuda parts when using new parts slows things down a bit.

Hope that helps.

Welcome.....I got my quarter patches from Layson's...really thick and nice. I put a v8 in mine back in the 90's.

Yeah, get used to Layson's if you're looking for new stuff. I've had good experience with them so far and their parts are well made. You might want to request their CD catalog as it's a little more in depth than their site at the moment.

-
Back