Valiant from Kansas

-

slantflat

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

This is probably a long shot, but is anyone from the Manhattan, KS, area? I bought a car that was last in this area in the late 90s, early 00s, and I don't have any kind of paperwork but would really like to speak with the previous owner of my car.

Found a gas station reminder card and called them, they had no clue what I was talking about. No one there worked there at that time nor remembered the car. Eh nothing ventured...

Thanks everyone.

I'm from hutchinson, still have friends there some around manhatten. Description of car would help.

You know you have a point there. I'm not always the brightest...

It's a 68 Valiant 200 4 door. Med/dark blue with blue interior, red striped chrome strip down the sides, Slant 6 automatic. What makes this car odd is that it has a 67 grille and center, which looks like it's always been there. I know it left Kansas with this arrangement. I'd love to know if it was built this way(it's an early build date) or if it was wrecked or the guy just liked the 67 look better. It has 68 fenders, no signs of being wrecked.

Anyway, anything else I could find out about the car would be nice. I like knowing stuff like this. The next step I guess could be going to Manhattan myself and driving around a rental car with a sign on the top.

Hi everyone.

Just thought I'd bring this back up to see if anyone new sees it. Haven't done much to the car over the winter but was talking to someone about it and it renewed my interest.

No one? I guess I'll have to go tell the car, Valiant, we aren't in Kansas anymore.

be careful what you seek ....I have a dart and a previous owner who owned it in the 80s before I was even born, keeps coming around to bug me and be mega creepy to sell it back to him, but its not for sale and mine now.

So you never know what you might dig up and find out or who will find you ....use caution LOL

Sounds like you and the valiant are living a happy life together now, might be for the best

just sayin

Last edited:
Ha I didn't even think about this. That would be creepy.

Really I just want to find out if it was built with the 67 front end parts(first week of 68 production) and if not, why it has them now. Eh, if I meet some nice people and find out more about the car that would be excellent, too. I live pretty far away so not sure they'd bother to come find me.

You're right, though, always be vigilant...

-
Back