Valiant front Valance

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I’m ignorant about early A’s. I need a front valance for a 65 Valiant. I understand 63,64 and 65 are the same. BUT is a Barracuda Valance the same?

I’m sure someone will be able to provide you with a better answer,

I just looked up “65 Valiant” and “65 Barracuda”. The two have valances that appear identical with the same turn signal markers

I’m ignorant about early A’s. I need a front valance for a 65 Valiant. I understand 63,64 and 65 are the same. BUT is a Barracuda Valance the same?

No, 64/65 Barracudas do not have the cutouts for the turn signal housings

No, Barracuda valence is different, but a 65 Valiant front valence will fit a Barracuda. Difference is that the 64 and 65 Barracuda valence has - not sure what to call it - a sheet metal insert (?) on each lower corner, viz:

8836269-1965-plymouth-barracuda-std-c.jpg

The insert SHOULD be painted black, but most you see these days are body color.

I put a NOS Valiant valence on the front of my 65 Barracuda (very hard to find a good original, as they would bend if you looked at them too hard). It has a full opening, with brackets for the parking lights (which I just bent down out of the way), which on 64-5 Valiants are located within the valence. Since the inset portion of the Barracuda valence should be painted black anyway, it's not too obvious that my Valiant valence does not have the inset portion but is completely open.

DSCF0190.jpg

64 and 65 Barracuda valences are the same. I think 64 and 65 Valiant valences, while different from Barracuda valences, are also identical to each other.

63's are different, as the valence is not a separate piece but is part of the whole grille panel. Also, the parking lights are on the valence, inside chrome plated shells, viz:

63 Signet conv 2.jpg

I'm not an expert but the Valance on both are same i believe with the difference of turn signal tabs on the Valiant. The Barracuda's turn signals are in the grill. I have one of each and that is what I've seen.

-
Back