Valiant got some "Bling" today....

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Decided to change out the steering wheel today, I swapped out the original 2-spoke wheel in favor of the woodgran 3-spoke sport wheel I had, decided to try it out and I really like it, this wheel is stronger and has less flex than the standard one too so that's a plus. Condition is not as nice as the other one but I want to restore the woodgrain part, maybe even painting the outer grip to match the old wheel with the rest chrome, think it will look good, never seen one like that and different is kewl :glasses7

Attachments

• DSC00473.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC00479.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC00480.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC00482.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC00478.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 223
Looks right at home. Plus it matches the shifter.
The sticker on the vent window, is that a permit for burn outs in case you get pulled over for smoking the hides?

Looks right at home. Plus it matches the shifter.
The sticker on the vent window, is that a permit for burn outs in case you get pulled over for smoking the hides?

LOL, that's from a car show I attended last year that had a burnout contest, just never took it out :burnout:

The chrome spokes & center cap definitely add more bling. I like it waaaay better :thumleft:

X2 on it matching the pistol grip shifter.....

I'd refinish the woodgrain and cover/protect the wood with a heavy epoxy clear coat like used on bar tops......That stuff is something else... I got a bit of it and use it for all sorts of projects, BUT it is expensive, $30 for a 2 part mix of about 40 ounces of the stuff.....(when mixed that is)

Be the very last time, you EVER coated it tho......Be the same type stuff, I'd use on the wooden bed slats of a old pick up!

Much better for sure, that king Valiant has been waiting for his crown and
he wears it well Keith :thumleft: good/groovy move .

I was just thinkin :glasses7: you better get a no slip grip on there becouse I have seen how you drive that 66 plymouth :burnout:

Looks good Keith. I replaced my stocker a few years ago and it was a nice addition. tmm

I like it,Keith! Hopefully it works out well for you , long term.

Love the look buddy. Every time I see your shifter handle it makes me want to get the four speed in my dart with the same pistol grip shifter!!

-
Back