Valiant Heater Box

-

gerty

Reaction score
My wife bought a '69 Valiant, that has been a bracket car for years. She wants to put it back on the street so we are trying to locate parts before getting started. We need a non a/c heater box and I haven't been able to find one for the 69 model. What range in years and models would interchange without too many problems?
Bob

I thinking darts and duster are the same would be my gess..

Any idea what years of a-bodies would interchange? I'm thinking there might be differences in the firewall openings for the heater hoses, blower etc. on later cars. There aren't any a bodies around here (running or for parts) to eyeball except my Duster, but it has air. I'll have to find one online, but all I've found are listed for later models and none of the sellers can confirm fitment.
Thanks, Bob

Hi Gerty, watch my blog. Wanna sell the heaterbox of my ´69 dart.
Greets
Juergen

Up until 72 a-body I think. Whenever the fan switch changed from left/right to up/down the case changed also. 67 to 72 all the same to the best of my knowledge.

no problem :), i hope you´ll find the parts you need.
Thanks
Juergen

Direct interchange on this heater box is '67-'72 Valiant, Dart, Demon, Duster plus '67-'69 Barracuda, without air conditioning.

I couldnt give the one one that came out of your car away two months ago when I took a bunch of part to a mopar swap meet. I sold the complete box and controls to a guy for 10.00 dollar cause he wanted the clips just so I didnt have to load it back up. always a day and dollar short.

My wife bought a '69 Valiant, that has been a bracket car for years. She wants to put it back on the street so we are trying to locate parts before getting started. We need a non a/c heater box and I haven't been able to find one for the 69 model. What range in years and models would interchange without too many problems?
Bob

I have one for a '68 Valiant if you're still looking.

I couldnt give the one one that came out of your car away two months ago when I took a bunch of part to a mopar swap meet. I sold the complete box and controls to a guy for 10.00 dollar cause he wanted the clips just so I didnt have to load it back up. always a day and dollar short.

I would wager that box would have been a perfect fit.lol
Wish I had known sooner that you were a former owner of our Valiant. Do you still have other parts besides the front end stuff?
Bob

I have a heater box with heater core from my 72 demon! It needs a little work though. One of the cable tabs(fiberglass) are broken. can be fixed though. Here are some pictures! comes with dash controls. thanks Jared

heater pictures 001 (Small).jpg

heater pictures 002 (Small).jpg

heater pictures 003 (Small).jpg

-
Back