Valiant windshield

-
I have read that on only convertible windshields are different.
Windshields are the same seals are different on the convertible but you can use the hardtop seal to install the windshield and it will work the inner lip on the convertible is a bit bigger on the top inside to help hide und r r the trim

And you still get them new from a local auto glass place for around $100:thumbsup:

…but don't expect original quality, and don't expect replacement-glass quality of the '60s, '70s, '80s, or '90s. You'll get a thinner-than-stock windshield sloppily made in China. If you're lucky, the distortions won't be too badly visible and it'll hold up for a few years.

…but don't expect original quality, and don't expect replacement-glass quality of the '60s, '70s, '80s, or '90s. You'll get a thinner-than-stock windshield sloppily made in China. If you're lucky, the distortions won't be too badly visible and it'll hold up for a few years.
You make a good point. I got one (and yes it was probably made in China) because my old one had delaminated and was all fogged up, and to be honest I can't see the difference. Mine just a driver so I'm no so picky.

Also to add to Slantsixdan's input- If you get the windshield with the tint strip on the top and you are tall like me (6ft)
What a pain it is because the tint line is right in your vision line. I've lowered my seat and it is still right at my line of sight.
Currently trying to find a windshield with out it.

Also to add to Slantsixdan's input- If you get the windshield with the tint strip on the top and you are tall like me (6ft)
What a pain it is because the tint line is right in your vision line. I've lowered my seat and it is still right at my line of sight.
Currently trying to find a windshield with out it.

Time to get a convertible!! :)

Time to get a convertible!! :)

You are correct- once the 66' Barracuda is done then the 340 Demon gets done then the purchase of a convertible.
I once cut the roof off an Aspen SE one drunken summer back in the early 90's. Took a convertable frame from a boat and screwed a blue tarp to it. Worked really good but damn that winter was cold.
Dubbed it the Aspen GT... miss that car. 360, 904 center console and E-body 8-3/4 rear with 3.55 SG. Used to beat almost every Mustang GT fox body I came across.

-
Back