-
Status
Not open for further replies.

bschubarg

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Yep, that's right. I could spend $80 plus shipping to purchase a valve spring compressor for my Small block 318. But I plan on using it only once. The Valve spring compressors that loan u at Autozone and the like just don't work well for the shaft rocker heads.

So, I am willing to send $100 via payPal to any SENIOR member willing to loan me a mopar spring compressor. Then after I return it will the SENIOR member refund my $ minus $20 for his/her trouble.

Sound good?

Best Regards,

Bill

Bill all I have is a home made one and it's loaned out to a buddy of mine but my question is do you have a means to build your own? I built mine from scrap pieces and did it in less than an hour. It's not pretty but works real good. Here's some pictures of mine. As you can see it bolts to 2 of the rocker shaft bolt holes and it slides so you do both valves on one cylinder then move it over to the next cylinder. The handle is about a foot long. For real stiff valve springs I add an extension for leverage.

You can get these ones at your local parts store. They are cheap and work great. I was just going to use it once like you but I'm glad I bought it because I find myself using it all the time now!

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 180
I have one of those big c clamp looking compressors. Works well with the heads off of the engine.

I agree with jeff about the c clamp style.They work very well. Whatever you do dont bother with the KD spring compressor.

I bought the one (KD #2078, or fancier KD#3271) like 360Scamp has in his photo, many years ago. Has been used on many, many jobs and is still going strong. I heartily recommend the KD one...plus you can use it to change springs/seals/keepers without removing the heads from the engine. Just use an air adapter in the spark plug hole, or jamb a pile of rope in the cylinder to hold the valves up.

Attachments

• Valve spring compressor.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 146
I bought the one (KD #2078, or fancier KD#3271) like 360Scamp has in his photo, many years ago. Has been used on many, many jobs and is still going strong. I heartily recommend the KD one...plus you can use it to change springs/seals/keepers without removing the heads from the engine. Just use an air adapter in the spark plug hole, or jamb a pile of rope in the cylinder to hold the valves up.

LOL,I hate that friggin thing! I know lots of guys have good luck with em but dont use it if you have weak hands like myself. It's for the strong handed ,for sure. You sort of have to squeeze it on and turn with the other hand. Doesnt work for me with partial numbness,weakness in the hands,fingers that dont friggin do what thier told,etc etc.

Yes, I have to agree w/needsaresto. You do have to grasp the fingers or they will sometimes let go at the wrong time! (ask me how I know) But they DO work WHEN they work!

Good gawd I had a he** of a time using it! Maybe a large hose clamp around it would work..

The KD compressor works ok for single springs but I tried to use one on a dual spring setup and the jaws weren't long enough to grab the inner spring.

The absolute best is the pneumatic powered C-clamp type. Gotta have the heads off though. A buddy of mine got an old one given to him that didn't work and we bought a seal kit for it for $8 and man is that thing nice.

Bill, where in Florida are you located? I am in Silver Springs. I built one for the slant six, like Fishys, I can check and see if it would work on a small block, or be easy to modify.

The puller looking ones can be purchased at Autozone or Advance for under $20.

Yep, that's right. I could spend $80 plus shipping to purchase a valve spring compressor for my Small block 318. But I plan on using it only once. The Valve spring compressors that loan u at Autozone and the like just don't work well for the shaft rocker heads.

So, I am willing to send $100 via payPal to any SENIOR member willing to loan me a mopar spring compressor. Then after I return it will the SENIOR member refund my $ minus $20 for his/her trouble.

Sound good?

Best Regards,

Bill

I have a large C clamp type you can have if you pay shipping. I have two and only use one. That way, you can sell it when you're done. Just let me know.

15 replies to this thread and none from the poster.

Yeah. I can't believe somebody wouldn't jump all over a free valve spring compressor. Offer still stands. I can't stand havin sumthin extra layin around if it will help somebody else.

15 replies to this thread and none from the poster.

Yeah. I can't believe somebody wouldn't jump all over a free valve spring compressor. Offer still stands. I can't stand havin sumthin extra layin around if it will help somebody else.

I clicked on his screen name and he hasn't been on the board since the night he originally posted. Maybe he's sick or something??

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back