vent/ side window reinstallation

-

Reaction score
Hi members isearched the forums and found how to get the vent window out of the car. No problem once you find all the bolts etc. My Dilemna i replaced my rusty vent window assembly with a nicer unit. when i removed it i broke the plastic pieces that go into the track that hold the side window into the track. I have aquired new plastic pieces and the plastic/felt track that the have to window slides into. how do i get the whole assembly back together. does the door glass have to slide into the vent window channel from the bottom?. there just does not seem to be enough room to get these plastic guides into the track. i have removed the window stops so ican remove the window out the top but to cant feed into the track from the top. this is on a 1969 dart swinger 2dr. any help would be great.

Have you checked the shop manual? May have detailed instructions on how to put it all back together.

Steve

AHHH! Danielson!!!

the vent window & the door glass go in as 1 piece.
Just did this on my 69 dart.

remove the stop in the door glass (it sticks out too much)
all rubber trim must be removed at the rear upper door
have the rear channel mounted loosely(my car did not have window fuzzies installed yet)

slide the door glass into the channel of the vent frame.

take the bottom edge of the vent frame & manuever it into the opening at the upper back side of the door (all rubber trim must be removed). you will have to angle it just so.

now slide the glass assembly forward along the door opening , use that rear opening to enter the glass regulator mount.
rear of glass should slide into channel,
put vent frame allen head stop back in(not ez)
everything by now should be self- explainatory.
Lawrence

-
Back