Vent window install....WTH

-

Jlcaptain24

Reaction score
I feel like I'm missing something....the vent window isn't solid enough and I think it's to do with the bottom attachment point/guide. It's been nearly 5 years since I took this thing apart.

Currently, the bottom bolt just seems to be acting like a guide...doesn't provide any support for the aft part of the vent window. What am I doing wrong??

I've messed with the two other bolts securing the vent window....top corner, and middle of door jamb.

Any ideas??

IMG_2757.JPG

are you installing the vent frame and door glass together?
There are two bolts at the bottom of the front of the frame
and a screw that clamps the frame at the bottom of the frame and last is the adjustment bolt/stud you have pictured.

and a screw that clamps the frame at the bottom of the frame and last is the adjustment bolt/stud you have pictured.
Yes, I'm installing them together. Total PIA, but they're in. However, the Vent window isn't secured right. Something is wrong. I'm only seeing two mounting points....plus that bolt/stud at the bottom. Attached are pics of the two that I'm using. Am I missing a third somehow??

IMG_9479.JPG

IMG_3836.JPG

Holy crap...is THIS where there's supposed to be a bolt?? This would explain everything

IMG_1186.JPG

You got me going the direction I needed....THANKS. Figured it out.

Glad you got it figured out. I noticed in your original pic of the lower adjustment stud with the division channel bracket down over it you will need a small strip of foam inside betweem the stud and bracket on the division channel or the rattling will drive you crazy. they orignally had this strip of foam from the factory

Glad you got it figured out. I noticed in your original pic of the lower adjustment stud with the division channel bracket down over it you will need a small strip of foam inside betweem the stud and bracket on the division channel or the rattling will drive you crazy. they orignally had this strip of foam from the factory
You're like Santa Clause man....thanks:)

-
Back