Venting...

-
Ink, I just purchased a stealth fuel tank from aeromotive thru Pace Performance. It looks similar to that tank (made by Tanks Inc.) My setup, with pump and fuel level sender, says that at 500whp to connect the vent on the tank and pump bonnet together and route to the included vent/roll over valve. The nipple on the tank is 3/8 I believe. So I'm thinking your good to go with a non vented cap.

69 Dart with this tank
1967-70 Dodge Dart / 1967-69 Plymouth Barracuda Fuel Injection Gas Tank
And this filter/regulator. If I remember correctly the filler tube on our car has a vent line of sorts. Pump that I will be using has a vent...looks like the tank has a vent...guessing a non-vented cap will not be a problem?
Drill a couple holes, in the non vented cap....Edit: forgot you are going M.P.I ...S.F.I..... At this point,actually Doug...? What does your calibration tuner ,recommend..? Did him, or yourself, pick the vendor, and the part...?

Last edited:
Drill a couple holes, in the non vented cap....
----------------------------My cap is sealed. The new tank I put in had a vent tube to connect to the filler tube, and a second, that I ran up thru the trunk floor w/ a 2 circle loop, and back down thru the floor and out underneath a couple of inches. (home made roll over). When I filled it up for the first time at a gas station last week, it didn`t exhibit any puking or boil over problems that my new one did in 1968 . jfyi

----------------------------My cap is sealed. The new tank I put in had a vent tube to connect to the filler tube, and a second, that I ran up thru the trunk floor w/ a 2 circle loop, and back down thru the floor and out underneath a couple of inches. (home made roll over). When I filled it up for the first time at a gas station last week, it didn`t exhibit any puking or boil over problems that my new one did in 1968 . jfyi
F.B ..this is gonna be fuel injection, multi point..Why, I re - edited..

I put a Tanks Inc tank in last year when I installed the Fitech fuel injection. My filler has a built in vent and my cap was also vented but as a precaution I put in the extra vent they sent with the tank. I am not sure if this is because of the new vent but when I completely fill the tank I get gas leaking from what appears to be coming from the vent area (maybe that's why they tell you not to completely fill the tank). Anyway I plan on looking into it this spring but just wanted to give you the heads up on the extra vent.

Drill a couple holes, in the non vented cap....Edit: forgot you are going M.P.I ...S.F.I..... At this point,actually Doug...? What does your calibration tuner ,recommend..? Did him, or yourself, pick the vendor, and the part...?
In typical scatter brained fashion I forgot to mention this to Ernie...not my wife but the tuner. Will talk to him about it when I go pick up the Tamale pot. He is tight welding a stainless cylinder onto the expanded metal grate for me.
Will be M.P.I....plan on using as much factory stuff as possible.

-
Back