Verification of the Valiant family lineage

-

slantflat

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'd like to hear from the Road Toad experts as to what a 1960 Valiant actually is. I've read more than once that the 60 was its own make/division, but the 61 became a Plymouth. Any idea why this was?

I just bought a 60 from member LAVAL60 and am going to register it. I'm guessing the non-car people at the DMV are going to want to call it a Plymouth, and if in fact it isn't, I'm not going to let them. I've gone that route before(oh it's close enough, no one will know the difference, this is what's accepted) and it's turned around and bit me. So, I'm trying to get my ducks in a row in case they give me grief. Anything I can tell them, or have them look up, or do I just stand my ground and say this is what it is.

Thanks everyone.

In 1960, the Valiant was a Chrysler Valiant...not a Plymouth Valiant.

It didn’t become a Plymouth Valiant until 1961.

It was moved under Plymouth in 1961 to help save the brand by bringing a compact car into its stable.

Yea what he said! You will find out that a 60 and 61 A Body is real different from what we call an A Bod. Wiring, suspension, etc.

Thanks guys. Things went well at the DMV, the girl just copied down what I had on the form. The car is now registered as a 1960 Valiant V200. Valiant is the make, V200 is the model.

Thanks guys. Things went well at the DMV, the girl just copied down what I had on the form. The car is now registered as a 1960 Valiant V200. Valiant is the make, V200 is the model.
Well, that’s fine...I suppose.

But the truth is that it is a Chrysler make and a Valiant V200 model.

Valiant was never a “make”.

-
Back