Very Proud Of Memike

-

memikeswife

Reaction score
Mike has been smoking for over 35 years. Today he only had 4, which for someone who smoke 1 to 1 1/2 packs a day is quit a accomplishment. Thanks to everyone for your encouragement he is going to need all of us. Small Block, thanks for your story, it will help me a lot to get him through this. By the way it's driving him crazy wanting to know what story you told me.

I'm so proud of you Mike!! Love Treva

Remember This Beautiful girl is counting on her PaPa to be here for all her special days.

macy1.jpg

No No No:bootysha: I said smoke no more not smoked four:read2:
Ain't she something =P~
Some times she hear's what she wants too.#-o But she is right Its 4
Damn I will love her four 4 for ever.:love4:

Their both sweeties!Your a lucky man MeMike!!Now Quit,like I said..It,s all in your mind.In the morn. no smoke,no tea.Try hot cider or hot chocalate.Might help.

You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to Mike, we all have faith in you :cheers:

Myself, I've decided not to drink any more, not that I'm going to drink any less, I'm holding steady at too much :-D

You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to Mike, we all have faith in you :cheers:

Myself, I've decided not to drink any more, not that I'm going to drink any less, I'm holding steady at too much :-D

Know that is a classic Thanks for sharing Rob, holding steady:toothy10:

Good job so far Mike. I know I should quit, but I i'm not really motivated. Every time I quit I get sick with the flu or whatever crud is going around at the time. Weird. A friend told me that going cold turkey freaks out my immune system. I've been smoking for 29 years and I think my body has just gotten used to it.

Treva, I have faith in Mike in pulling this off.

It will be a great day for all of you guys when Mike
says he's thru with the smokes.

You've got a lot of folks cheering for you to succeed Mike. You can do it, just stay focused. I've always heard nicotine is harder to kick than a heroine addiction, I quit about ten years ago and still crave a smoke from time to time. I chewed a lot of gum and keep a drinking straw in my mouth all the time to replace the cigarette. Take it one day at a time and if you slip don't worry about it. Do it for yourself, your loving family, and your friends here.

Good Luck, Bob

once you get it out of your system food will taste alot better, your sense of smell will be better, you will be able to breathe alot better, and your cloths will smell better as well. what not to like about this? you will also see how much cigarettes stink as well. good luck! you have several thousand people on here to support you!:cheers:

good luck. I've a snuff habit I'm wanting to quit. I wish I had all the money I've spent on tobacco over the years.

Hey Mike, I smoked for 43 years. Yeah, I started at 14 years old in junior high school. I even got caught smoking in my office after it was banned. I had a good government job and could have gotten fired for that. Anyway, I finally got my head right and just quit----cold turkey. I had tried several times before and it got worse each time. It's a mind thing Mike. I decided to take it "one" cigarette at a time. Just put it back in the pack and wait ten minutes....the urge will pass. Thirty minutes later.....here we go again.....wait ten more minutes. It worked but I will be honest, it was pure hell. My friends even teased me by blowing smoke in my face. I still wanted a smoke after two years. I still have the "emergency glass vile" that someone gave me. It has a cigarette and match sealed in a glass tube. Inscribed on the outside it reads---In case of emergency, brake glass. I still have it in my desk drawer. I will send it to you if you like. It really helped with moral support. It's been almost ten years and now I can't stand to be near cigarette smoke. Funny how we can change. You can do it.......mind over matter. Good luck, David

Good for you Mike,just keep it up i know so many people who tried and failed..:cheers:

Thank you ramcharger, Tony Fields, fishy68, 70dart, 70DartMike, gerty,
7demon2, Flatlander, steptoe, and scamp360. Thanks for all the great moral support I am receiving :cheers:
I would like to have one , But I don't need one :happy10:
Its all in my head like a few members here have said and it is helping me allot.

:cheers::cheers:

Good luck Mike! You got yourself a Good Good Woman too! :salute:

Ya :-k Tony she's a good good Woman, She make's my blues feel good.
I see the love in here eye's when she looks at me getting rid of this smoking thing I am quiting.
And you can see how she stepped in to steel the show. :toothy10:
I am going to search and see just how many times she has posted here.

Thank you onehellofadart :happy10:

Mike ,
Stay the course! You want regret it. Jan. 19 ( Robert E. Lee's birthday) will be 31 uears for me after smoking for16. Buy yourself a box of Lifesavers and eat one instead of smoking a cig. Worked for me and only gained 30 lbs. Good Luck.

Mike, It's been over 2 years for me after smoking for 33 years. Trust me food tastes so much better now and in mass quanities. It's worth it hang in there!

-
Back