Veterans Day

-

440superduster

Reaction score
If you happen to know a veteran thank him . If you are a veteran Thank You for all you have done

Sgt Clint B. Smith (RET)

Thank you to all the men and omen that serve and have served this country. We would not have our Freedoms and or these cars and things we love without the love and sacrifice you have given to this great country.

Thank you and GOD bless you!

We have so many veteran's here I would like to thank :happy10:
And many veteran's in my family that are resting in peace.
Thank you all for your support and for all you have done and sacrificed
for us here to enjoy life and keep our nation free.
I would like to send a thanks out to Frank "66aCuda" for his
support to our country.

Thank you Frank for watching the trail for us.

Franks hat in his truck when I visited his home and broke bread together.
Thank you my native brother.

Frank and sinda 015.jpg

As a vet, I would like to thank everyone who has given their support to all the services and to us vets. Its supporters like you that makes what we do worth while.

So from me, your welcome and thank you

I too would like to add my personal thanks. THANKS to ALL who have served and to those who are still in uniform. Thank you for your service to our country !!

Terry
Sgt. U.S.AirForce
354th Tacticle Fighter Wing
Engrs. Sqd.

I'd like to give a personal THANK YOU to all our members that are veterans..THANK YOU for your service to our country...

Fly your flag today!

I worked at Grumman Aerospace for a number of years. At the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, they would broadcast "Taps" over the company-wide PA system. That is the only thing I ever heard over the PA system during those years. Everyone would stop work, stand, and pay respect during the playing of that haunting melody. Nobody was ever told to do so, we just did it.

Thanks to all veterans. Some of us will never forget.

I would also like to give thanks to all who have served and those still serving it is people like you who make this old world a better place. I would also like to apologize to the Vietnam Vets for the treatment they received when they came back home. They got a raw deal and bad publicity they didn't deserve!!

A big thank you to all the veterans and their families. The sacrifices you have made will not be forgotten. The same goes out to those who are presently serving.

Thank you to all veterans past and present from all free people. Every morning several of us gather at the local coffee shack for breakfast. Some are veterans and others are just good olds boys so this morning i took a survey on who was a veteran. There were 5 of em. Breakfast was on me. The least i could do to show my appreciation. Thanks guys and gals. I love my country.

Thank you to all who have served,from 1 vietnam veteran to all the others who were there Thank You For Your Service .:cheers:

My dad was a Veteran of three wars WWII, Korea and Vietnam. For most of his career he was a combat engineer in the Army. Drafted in WWII and came one shore in LaHarve France in the Battle of the Bulge. Drove a halftrack. Built roades, gun enplacements, and any thing else having to do with heavy equipment. He went to Vietnam in 64 as an advisor for the Army Engineers, I saw him leave at Lambert Field in St. Louis and didn't see him again untill 1966. My dad passed away in 1997 and if here were alive today he would tell any anyone, don't take the freedom you have for granted, fight for it. He and thousands like him did for this country. Mst. Sgt E7 Morris Q Campbell Thanks again Veterans. GOD BLESS AMERICA

Me And my son would like to thank every man and woman past and present. A very big thanks for helping to keep this great country safe. God bless you all. Thanks SGT Miller8)8)

Salute to my Father in Law George Howery Gillespie 1921-2007 who was the ONLY enlisted man when the West Virginia Air National Guard 130th started in 1946, who also served in WWII in the HUMP Pilots over the Himalayas to bomb Japan. To four of my uncles, Herald Hilderbrandt who served in the Army, Air Force and the CB's during WWII, Korea and Vietnam, to My Uncle Deleon Roosevelt Frame who served in Korea and served in President Reagan's Dept of the Interior, to my Uncles Lymon Griffith and Paul Ayres who served in the US Army during WWII and Korea.

And a special thank you to my husband, David Gillespie (AKA Grumpuscreature here to all you FABO folk), who served in Vietnam 70-72 and the West Virginia Air National Guard 130th Tactical Airlift Group 83-85. He was the First son of an enlisted man to enlist in the West Virginia Air National Guard.

:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

American_Patriot.jpg

pow-mia_flag.jpg

sunpoem.jpg

vetsday08-med.jpg

American_Patriot.jpg

pow-mia_flag.jpg

sunpoem.jpg

vetsday08-med.jpg

To the Gillespie family, George Howery Gillespie will be remembered
Thank you for sharing and I am proud that you have took the time to share with us your found family and the history you have kept in your hart :angel9:

Thank You Small Block for giving me a reminder of just how many people we have around us that has served this country, You was one of the five aren't you :happy10:
And to mopar65, SGT MILLER I have never served the country and I am proud to have a friend and of a great father that served for us. Thank you.

And to the other man of or country Mst. Sgt E7 Morris Q Campbell
I want to thank him for all the great time I have spent in this country doing
things that only the veterans made possible for me to enjoy my time fishing and hunting and with my Victoria and enjoying the life I have been given.

And to you jetman1 for your service to our country to make the skies something I enjoy seeing every morning I wake up to enjoy the freedom
of my life here.
Ramcharger hit the nail ,To the men and woman that are giving there time now:clock:
and sacrifice there time with there loved ones:love7: there car's and time in the deer woods for this country today:rock:
70Dart puts it well buy saying and to apologize to the Vietnam Vets for the treatment they received when they came back home.
Thank you for your input I almost forgot about that being told.8)
Thanks for the reminder FISHBREATH:thumbrig: this day is a day to stop and remember
and "Taps" has been herd here at home this morning at least 2 times
Robert Morgan my uncle was a man in the army or marins :dontknow:that was a trainer in the states
and never had to leave the country.
I don't know his title but I have seen metals so I did not under stand.
Three to five trophies as a young gun in the Army or Marins but I don't have the info
on him and his brothers to share with everyone here.

Terry
Sgt. U.S.AirForce
354th Tacticle Fighter Wing
Engrs. Sqd. THANK YOU SIR. My father was in the U.S.AirForce and was a field engineer and took pictures of land in 1954 I think
I did not meet my father till I was 15 and I was picking fruit feeding my family and he served our country making our M.A.S.H. and Control units a good place to set up is what I was told :dontknow:

Thank you Jeff "HemiPar" I want to thank you for making my life better and worth while to live in, and wish I could say the same.

memike will always be me. [-o<

Thank you to all who have served our country. And also to all who support them as we all need a little help now and then, Be proud to live under the red white and blue.

Thanks to all who served or are currently serving! Just came back from the ceremony in our local park today. Nice to see more and more people get involed each year to say thanks and show their appreciation for all the service men and women.

I posted this elsewhere and I was unaware of this thread...

I sent my last remaining uncle (he is 88) a huge card from a bunch of guys from the local VFW here in Fla and he is at his favorite local watering hole (VFW) in Indiana, doing what he enjoys most.... drinking his one beer and letting somebody else serve him.
He served as an intel officer in the Army Air Corp and spent about 30 years there. He was stationed all over including the India/ China/ Burma campaign, 4 years in Japan, Turkey, Alaska and 2 tours in the Pentagon.
To this day I always tell him.."At ease gentlemen, I'll be in the area for a while, the smoking lamp is lit and the beer is on me."
During WW11, if you had a family member serving, you displayed a banner with a blue star in your front window. My grandfather had 5 stars on his and all 5 of my uncles made it home!!
The banner is now on display at the Air Force Museum at Wright-Patterson Air Base in Dayton, Ohio.
I am and will always be proud of ALL people that serve and have served and thank each and every one for a job well done... no matter what or where their job or assignment was.

A bump for our Veterans Day thread before the day is over.

Yes thank you all who served this country and to my dadafter my 2 grandfathers ww2 and 5 uncles in vt nm and my moms 11 uncles that served in ww2 all made it back but one who survived the death march just to die of a brain injury in salt mines of japan if not for your sacrafices we couldnt type this now we would not be here to do the things you afforded us at your great sacrafice we wont forget and we love you all thank you from all of us and the anderson family:happy10: i wont ever forget or let you be alone ty ,ps that made me cry a little bit ty all for you sacrafice again:happy10:

-
Back