Video inside, Road course Mopar

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it is an E body but still an amazing Mopar.

Notice how well the thing sticks in the turns. THAT looks like far more fun than any 1/4 mile pass!

The feeling of the car cutting left and right while the steering wheel feels directly connected to the pavement is amazing.
I do enjoy hanging the tail out drift style but this road race stuff looks like a ton of fun.

The feeling of the car cutting left and right while the steering wheel feels directly connected to the pavement is amazing.
I do enjoy hanging the tail out drift style but this road race stuff looks like a ton of fun.

If for no other reason than there are lefts, rights and multiple stops on any drive I take, a road course build feels to me to be a better fit for a muscle car that you can drive. Certainly there are limits and it can still be more race car than street car, but a narrow focus drag car slows once and then has to make a single turn.

Doesn't mean I don't also want to build a dual purpose street/strip car. Something like a Challenger 1320 in an old school body would be cool.

:lol:

A good handling street car can still be fast in a straight line.
A drag race car usually isn't as good for general street duty but is still fun.
I always preferred a car with a range of abilities, a well rounded performer.

If for no other reason than there are lefts, rights and multiple stops on any drive I take, a road course build feels to me to be a better fit for a muscle car that you can drive. Certainly there are limits and it can still be more race car than street car, but a narrow focus drag car slows once and then has to make a single turn.

Doesn't mean I don't also want to build a dual purpose street/strip car. Something like a Challenger 1320 in an old school body would be cool.

:lol:
That's a lot of what the appeal is with modern musclecars and some restomods, they handle very well, stop well, and still go pretty damn well too.

Yeah, it is an E body but still an amazing Mopar.

Notice how well the thing sticks in the turns. THAT looks like far more fun than any 1/4 mile pass!

More fun? I think whatever floats your boat! I have no interest in cornering or stopping or accelerating out of a corner but certainly have no derision for those that think that is a hoot. Go for it!

As for me, there's nothing like the thrill of 1/4 mile competition (and my car isn't all that fast relatively speaking). I've felt that way my whole life whether it was back in the days of my 69 Charger running in the 14's and later in the mid-12's to now the avatar running in the low 11's. Nothing like that wheel to wheel action going through the traps knowing 50% of the competition is going home every race. Exhilarating!!

More fun? I think whatever floats your boat! I have no interest in cornering or stopping or accelerating out of a corner but certainly have no derision for those that think that is a hoot. Go for it!

As for me, there's nothing like the thrill of 1/4 mile competition (and my car isn't all that fast relatively speaking). I've felt that way my whole life whether it was back in the days of my 69 Charger running in the 14's and later in the mid-12's to now the avatar running in the low 11's. Nothing like that wheel to wheel action going through the traps knowing 50% of the competition is going home every race. Exhilarating!!
No doubt drag racing is a blast, I've always enjoyed it too, even though my fastest time ever was a 13.46, it's always a rush. Winning an autocross event is just as exciting, especially when you're a dark horse coming from the back of the pack.

I prefer road course driving, but agree with drag racing, there is more on the line "in the moment"...if You take a couple of bad lines, it's not over unless You go off course & damage Your car or Yourself, You still have a shot of winning/getting back in the hunt...each drag run is one-shot at it at a time.

Passing the Vette in the grass, I love it!

I've never been down any track, but I'd love to do both someday.

Passing the Vette in the grass, I love it!

I've never been down any track, but I'd love to do both someday.
Yeah, I was a bit surprised He pulled that move, glad He kept it straight!!!

-
Back