Vin number location.

-

Buford19

Reaction score
Trying to register a 67 fastback barracuda in Canada , with no papers. Motor vehicle branch requires a history check, saftety inspection and two vin numbers on the car. There is a vin tag on the drivers side door frame, and a different number located on the rad support. There is no fender tag with this vehicle. My question is there another number that matches my vin somewhere else on the car? The number on the rad support I believe is the S.O number, this matches another one I have on thr trunk lip. Thanks.

Isn't there a vin stamped in the trunk on the lip under the trunk seal???

The radiator support is likely from a 68 or 69. - I believe they started doing that in 68.

Not sure about 67's but 68's have the sequence number on rad support and drip rail in trunk, not the vin.

'67 cars have the S.O. number stamped front & rear, NO partial VINs.

-- '67 cars have the S.O. number stamped front & rear, NO partial VINs.--
-- I'm thinking of a couple 68 Mopars that I owned
- Coronet R/T and a Barracuda. - Obviously I'm wrong - getting Old, I guess. (know, not guess) -- Thanks. --
icon7.gif
--

Hey thanks for all the input, that's what I thought. Only one vin number on a 67 mopar. Is there a web site that can give my proof of this, so I can document the info for the motor vehicle branch?

Why is it that you "have no paper?" Anyway to backtrack and find the owner / title?

So far as authorites making claims that "they must" have this or that, the burden is on THEM. That is, they should be able to document what numbers are or were on the car originally. Remind them that this is an antique / classic, and things "were different then."

I am just learning MoPars, but have been into Corvairs for 40 years. They all have a VIN plate and a "hidden" partial VIN in the front wheel housing. In Kansas we need VIN checks for out of state cars and Bill-of-sale cars. Local DMV people pull out an old ratty book to look up the second VIN location. Pretty sure MoPar has the second VIN, just have no idea where it is.

I just went through something similar in Michigan. I don't know if Canada is similar or not, but I applied for a bonded title. Something to look into.

As long as you know the car isn't stolen, and it just dosent have paperwork because its been off the road for a long time and the paperwork is lost, you shouldn't have any problem. Hope this helps, Eric L

Mopar didn't start that until later as far as I know.

I am just learning MoPars, but have been into Corvairs for 40 years. They all have a VIN plate and a "hidden" partial VIN in the front wheel housing. In Kansas we need VIN checks for out of state cars and Bill-of-sale cars. Local DMV people pull out an old ratty book to look up the second VIN location. Pretty sure MoPar has the second VIN, just have no idea where it is.

No, they do not. It is well documented. I can never remember the "combination" I think if you have the original build sheet and certicard, you can tie those documents to the VIN, through what are sometimes called the "order number" on the rad support. There ARE NO other VINS anywhere on a 67, not on the drivetrain, nor on the body.

No, they do not. It is well documented. I can never remember the "combination" I think if you have the original build sheet and certicard, you can tie those documents to the VIN, through what are sometimes called the "order number" on the rad support. There ARE NO other VINS anywhere on a 67, not on the drivetrain, nor on the body.

^^^^
Correct !!

And I would add on cars earlier than 67 to this.

-
Back