Vin Tag & Title for 67 Barracuda

-

weezman

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 67 cuda fastback. The car does not have the vin tag on the drivers door post. The guy I bought it off of did not have the title either. I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere else the vin would be? If not is there anybody that has a vin plate w/ a matching title from a hopeless cause cuda that they would be interested in selling. I have intentions of fixing the car up, but don't want to put any money into it until its under my name.

selling and replacing vin tags and #s is highly illegal. You only choice is to contact the sate police or DMV and get a vin# issued from them which will likely be a chore as well.

I recently purchased a 67 cuda fastback. The car does not have the vin tag on the drivers door post. The guy I bought it off of did not have the title either. I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere else the vin would be? If not is there anybody that has a vin plate w/ a matching title from a hopeless cause cuda that they would be interested in selling. I have intentions of fixing the car up, but don't want to put any money into it until its under my name.
Are you sure of that it´s a -67 Barracuda, if it is a -68 the vin is placed on the drivers side of the dash.
Do you got any pics of the car?

It is a 67, theres no tag on the dash. Theres 2 holes where the vin plate used to be on the door post. I don't have any pics yet. And I also know that it is illegal to swap vins, I'm not asking anybody to do anything illegal. I'm just wondering if anybody has a vin tag & title for sale.

not asking anyone to do anything illegal...but are willing to buy a Vin tag and title to go with your car.....that's what they are saying is illegal. For you to buy a Vin and then mount it to your car is the problem. You might want to check ebay..:)

Okay, well, I've seen PLENTY of cars get VIN swapped.

Theres got to be a way LEGALLY to do it, because it legally gets registered..

Is it still illigal if you have every body number? IE: Radiator core support, under the package tray, VIN tag, fender tag, title, ect.

Heeeere we go again!
It is illegle to do any of what you mention.... period!
The only legal option is a state issued VIN and Title, good luck with that.
Good luck with this.

Later,
Bruce B.

Ok, lets put it this way. I'm not looking for a vin tag to do anything illegal. It would be for nostalgia purposes. I'm not trying to be ignorant or anything, but I don't remember asking if it was legal to swap vins. I do remeber asking if there was any place else on the car that would have the vin.

just get a parts car ... dont say a word...get parts mixed up.....nobody knows....just make shure its something plausible ...........

Your saying it is a federal offense to purchase a vin tag? I have never heard of that. And again I never asked if it was legal in the first place. Frankly I don't give a $hit. And once it would be in my possesion, it shouldn't matter to anyone else what I do with it.

Your saying it is a federal offense to purchase a vin tag?

yeah it is ..... what i ahd to do with my road runner is that i had to call the ministry of transportation (canada) and i had to tell them that i had found a shell just a shell with all the parts stripprd off and that it had been sitting there for x number of years .... and i towed it home and did some work to it ...then they sent a guy over to do an assesment of the roadrunner and made me a legal registration .....even this ran me for about 500 or so if a recall corectly but this is the legal way to do it (in canada annyways)

Your saying it is a federal offense to purchase a vin tag? I have never heard of that. And again I never asked if it was legal in the first place. Frankly I don't give a $hit. And once it would be in my possesion, it shouldn't matter to anyone else what I do with it.

yes because its illegal to remove or be in possession of removed vin tags.

Buying or selling a VIN is a felony.

Buying or selling a title is a felony.

Using a title & VIN from one car on another car is a felony.

So, just go to your state DMV / BVM & ask for the form needed to apply for a state issued VIN. It can be dealt with the legal way.

yeah it is ..... what i ahd to do with my road runner is that i had to call the ministry of transportation (canada) and i had to tell them that i had found a shell just a shell with all the parts stripprd off and that it had been sitting there for x number of years .... and i towed it home and did some work to it ...then they sent a guy over to do an assesment of the roadrunner and made me a legal registration .....even this ran me for about 500 or so if a recall corectly but this is the legal way to do it (in canada annyways)

i also forgot i had vin numbers but had no paper registration and it was aa long process to get them back i had to find all the previus owners and get the last known owner to make a demand for papers ...hard to do with a dead guy so i came home one night to ::find there were no tags on the car:: was the cheapest and most eficient way to go about things altho this doesnt matter to annyone as im never getting rid of the car its just for my own pleasure

im undertaking this same route for a 1937 gm right now that i actually found in the woods it actually has no tags and i dont care its for sort of a 4x4 rat rodish project

If you have no problem comitting a crime, so be it. "You dont give a ****" Fine by me dude.

wow this is a touchy thread i feel like punching is about to breack loose LOL

i understand both side when you screw arround with vin numbers it screwed everyone els over as far as getting screwed into bying one thing and getting an other sotta like buying a superbird clone and being told its the real thing...

then again i understand the poor guy who has a car that he wants to drive and cant because some a......hole scavanged the vin or something

i need a new keybord some keys dont work sometimes hence a small percentage of spelling mistakes
gotta love kids......

Thats it, I'm done. The only advice I'm getting on here is legal advice. I never asked for legal advice. If I wanted that I would go to some scumbag lawyer. I asked for information on VIN locations. Never got an answer for that one. And I also asked if anyone had an old vin tag for sale. Apparently that last question just offended some of you. This will be my last post on this site. Thanks for absolutely nothing. Oh and though 74Duster84 was at least trying to be helpful, I live in the US.

Here in the great white north if you are a legal body shop you can get 2 new rivets for the vin RE cowl door jam repair i have sectioned cars back in the day and had 0 problems!!
So is it ILLEGAL!! Wasn't back then.

Doesnt seem like to much of a hassle to call or go by your DMV and find out about makein' it legal, you could probably do it online... Sounds like a good project car...

Thats it, I'm done.

We can hope.

I asked for information on VIN locations.

There are none since someone commited a crime & took the one from the car. No other VINs on a '67.

But, if you go through the LEGAL process, they can determine the VIN from the SO number stamped in the body.

And I also asked if anyone had an old vin tag for sale.

And by so doing, you were soliciting an accomplice to a felony. Smart move, jails are full of guys like you.

This will be my last post on this site.

No one here will miss you.

Thanks for absolutely nothing.

No 'thank you' for the people trying to keep you OUT of jail? Wow, so sorry we offended you.

I live in the US.

Try living in the US prison system sometime. If you make it in, please send a postcard?

-
Back