Vin trouble

-
A 68 Roarrunner VIN will start with-

RM21 or after mid year- RM32

I would call the cops and turn yourself in for receiving stolen property. Now that you admitted having a stolen car you are guilty. And you come on the internet and admit it to the world. Is your brain functioning properly? I wouldn't say another word , Your troubles are self inflicted. Like someone else said there is a guy on here that thinks he is the PO PO. Your toast now if he is watching.

I bet that "0" is in fact a "G".

N- Volare
L- Low price class
29- "fast top" body style
G- 318 engine
8- 1978
2- plant (Hamtramck? or Lynch Road)

Last edited:
In 1976-80, the Road Runner was an option only, not a model.

Look for option code A57 on the fender tag. VIN will only identify the car as a Volare.

1714672080162.png

Last edited:
Welcome aboard-
but your car is an F-body- not an abody. Although most of us can help you, A FBody website may have more info.
As for decode- since 76’ was the first year for that style Aspen/ Volare I’m guessing the program or DMV (you need to clairify that) is wrong. Chances are you are good just a little mis information. Just be careful about posting your vin number completely. All this info comes up on search engines. You don’t want the world knowing your car vin. lol! There are scammers who will use that info to recreate that car before you can register and it will be you proving that car is yours. A lot of good people on here to help.

I would call the cops and turn yourself in for receiving stolen property. Now that you admitted having a stolen car you are guilty. And you come on the internet and admit it to the world. Is your brain functioning properly? I wouldn't say another word , Your troubles are self inflicted. Like someone else said there is a guy on here that thinks he is the PO PO. Your toast now if he is watching.
I have paperwork and know all about the law I just had a 25-year sentence nullified for theft by receiving a vehicle valued at over $40,000

IIRC, a Volare Road Runner should have plastic fender flares, louvered quarter glass panels, a trunk lid spoiler, and various badging. I think dual exhaust too.

IIRC, a Volare Road Runner should have plastic fender flares, louvered quarter glass panels, a trunk lid spoiler, and various badging. I think dual exhaust too.
No trunk spoiler but holes are there.. Started sanding it and it's been painted twice over the original paint and Bondo

No trunk spoiler but holes are there.. Started sanding it and it's been painted twice over the original paint and Bondo
If the fender tag doesn't have A-57, it doesn't have the Road Runner option or, you have the wrong fender tag for the car.

I don't see A-45 listed as a Volare option.

No.. its an ultra rare Mexican 68 roadrunner with an 70s reskin. This car is highly sought after in this condition, and from everything we've heard it should be fully restored and placed in Barrett Jackson.

You bought a Volare! The website is forfmjbodiesonly.com if you want to pick the brains of the F body experts, that is if you're not a troll, we don't like trolls at FMJ bodies. We're nice, polite, folk over there.

7 1/4 rear end 3.21 final drive ratio
Yes it's garbage, original owner said it had a slant 6, I dropped in a 360 and 727 and it broke the ring and pinion on the first test drive.. Currently installing the 9 1/2 from my scrap ram1500, I don't mind 2 different bolt patterns

Yes it's garbage, original owner said it had a slant 6, I dropped in a 360 and 727 and it broke the ring and pinion on the first test drive.. Currently installing the 9 1/2 from my scrap ram1500, I don't mind 2 different bolt patterns
Actually, its a 9 1/4 . Also, what leaf spring perches are you using? I think the 7 1/4 axle tubes are smaller than the 9 1/4 so the spring perches are different and the Volare springs may not mount properly to them,

Actually, its a 9 1/4 . Also, what leaf spring perches are you using? I think the 7 1/4 axle tubes are smaller than the 9 1/4 so the spring perches are different and the Volare springs may not mount properly to them,
And a truck 9 1/4 is way too big flange to flange. I'm getting "amoparlady" vibes

Edit:
Aren't 1500's axle below spring?
00x0x_1rRIAOlRvrW_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

What, install it upside down?
maxresdefault (2).jpg

Or are only the 4x4's axle below spring?

Last edited:
-
Back