vintage sun tach install help

-

beerboy

Reaction score
just found a nice original sst 802 sun tach I want to install in my 1973 duster 340. as I remember, black wire to neg coil---- correct?? this tach was made in 1968, my question here is --with pointless distributor for 1973 -- can I still just hook the trigger to the coil? i do not have an msd box, just the stock mopar electronic ignition. any thoughts out there? i really want to use this tach, its the same as i had in my 1970 340 a long time ago. thanks much!!!

Try goggling install instructions and see what you come up with.
Ron

just found a nice original sst 802 sun tach I want to install in my 1973 duster 340. as I remember, black wire to neg coil---- correct?? this tach was made in 1968, my question here is --with pointless distributor for 1973 -- can I still just hook the trigger to the coil? i do not have an msd box, just the stock mopar electronic ignition. any thoughts out there? i really want to use this tach, its the same as i had in my 1970 340 a long time ago. thanks much!!!

Yeah, that will work... The factory tach in my 65 cuda for instance works fine after I installed the Mopar pointless electronic distributor kit... no problems...
And, negative side of the coil is correct !!!

-
Back