Vinyl top clips....ughhh

-

Saetun

Sinister Swinger
Reaction score
Anyone know where to source the 10 plastic vinyl top trim clips for a 73-74 Dart Swinger. I ordered some from RT Specialties & now that my top is on, went to install the trim & the clips are obviously too big. I can't seem to locate a source or a good or a usable cross reference.

The clips measure .750" wide by .312" across the gripping ears. Everything I find seems to be in the area .460" across the grip area.

I can't be the 1st to need these. Any one have any ideas?

Ill give them a call on monday, ni e if the illustrations matched.

Heres A pic Of The clip Im after For Reference If Anyone Has The Answer Id Be eternally Grateful.

Attachments

• 20130405_183732.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 301
Anybody out there have any success installing vinyl trim on a '73-'74? If so what did you use for these little guys?

Vinyl tops are easy to do, just make sure you lay the top out in the sun unfolded. I have a box of them clips somewhere.........somewhere in that dump I call a garage. I'll poke around tonight.

Vinyl tops are easy to do, just make sure you lay the top out in the sun unfolded. I have a box of them clips somewhere.........somewhere in that dump I call a garage. I'll poke around tonight.

Thank you, breakstuff!!! I'd really appreciate it. As you can probabbly guess, now that the top is on, I'm dieing to finish up the trim!!

These all sit at the rear most portion of the vinyl top, below the rear window. They slide over the the little posts on the body & secure the trim down to the body surface.

I will take a stroll down to the shop tomorrow and see if the car I am parting has those clips. If you are able to find new ones that are correct I would go that way.

Called around with still no luck. I emailed RT Specialtes the pic this morning he said he'd get back to me in 10 min but haven't been able to reach him, I'm guessing he didn't have any luck either. Is there anyone at all with an idea where I can get the correct clips to mount my moulding?

jeff did you try any automotive paint stores somtimes they have thatstuff

jeff did you try any automotive paint stores somtimes they have thatstuff

Checked Hayward Color, gonna give San Leandro Color a try tomorrow since I'm off work. Windows should go back in tomorrow & might be back in my driveway by tomorrow night. I'd like to get that trim on. It would be a shame to have such a nice, new top & no trim to set it off. You know how I get with my OCD

Checked Hayward Color, gonna give San Leandro Color a try tomorrow since I'm off work. Windows should go back in tomorrow & might be back in my driveway by tomorrow night. I'd like to get that trim on. It would be a shame to have such a nice, new top & no trim to set it off. You know how I get with my OCD

LOL I have CDO too... only at certain times

Finally tracked down Tom at RT Specialties today after several days of calls and two emails. His Response To Me Today Was I Havent Had Time To Look I'll Call You Back. Mind You, After Our First Conversation Three Days Ago He Said Hed Call Back In 10 Min. Needless To Say He Didnt call Back Today Either. So Im Still In Limbo On These Clips. If Anyone Has had Any Luck Getting The Right Clip A Shove In The Right Direction Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

YES INDEED I DO! but seriously go to fh daily and get some for a caddy.only difference is they pop rivet them on but they will still slide and lock like you need them to...:bootysha:

-
Back