vinyl top glue

-

DdgeDartboi

the beast
Reaction score
ok i am looking for an easier way to get the glue off from where the vinyl top was..... if anyone could give me some advice it would be muc appreciated..... what kind of chemicals can i use that work well.... thanks...

Toby

hi
Try brake cleaner, or lacquer thinner, or acetone, I think the acetone would do it. Lots of glues are made with acetone.
Be carefull not to get any of them on the rest of your paint, or they could really do some damage.
Good Luck Dave C.

the only place i have painted so far is under the hood and if it gets under there from the roof something is wrong... i am trying to strip it off so i can paint the whole outside of the car at once.... thanks for the advice

Sometimes I have been able to get most of it off with a razorblade scraper. But sometimes it seems to have turned to concrete so then I break out the DA sander and 80 grit.
Dallas
missourimopar.com

you might try kerosene.i had to use kerosene to remove a vinyl decal off the whole side of a truck that they used to two tone it.the kerosene softened the glue and a razor blade scraped it off.while the kerosene did softened the glue it did not make the glue ball up.it just scraped and fell off.worked very well.but as the mobodyman said.sometimes that stuff gets hard like concrete.good luck..

I'm with MOBodyman on this one. I've removed several and after trying all kinds of liquid removers, the razor blade scrapper and the DA with 80 grit iare now my weapons of choice. :)

-
Back