w2 heads?

-

Dave Goetz

Reaction score
I have a 1968 baracuda that I,m getting ready for the 08 season that came w2 heads.I purchased a set of tti headers and was told that there wher two diffrent types,ecno and racing heads?Can you tell me if this so and how to tell the diffrence?If these are the ecno heads are they worth building?

Is there a casting date on them? Do they have cast-in rocker arm shaft pedestals? Is there a dual bolt pattern on the exhaust side?

As far as whether or not the econos are worth building, what are you looking to do with the car?

The big difference is the valvetrain. Econos have cast in rocker pedestals, Race heads dont. and Just like GTX mention, Some have to different exhaust bolt paterns while others will use W@ only headers.

Is there a casting date on them? Do they have cast-in rocker arm shaft pedestals? Is there a dual bolt pattern on the exhaust side?

As far as whether or not the econos are worth building, what are you looking to do with the car?
I know that I had to have custom built headers by tti because no one builds headers for w2s.I also had to get adjustable push rods none over the counter.I,m going to be bracket racing this car next season running with 456 gears and solid cam at about 62 up 72000 rpms.Also does any one make a single planum in take for w2 heads?

Indy makes a good W2 single plane and Edelbrock has a Victor W2.

I would measure the length pushrods you need and order them from Smith Brothers instead of using adjustable ones.

-
Back