Want advice which show to visit 2016

-

kma

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello everyAbody.

I´m from Sweden and want your advice which show to visit 2016. I was planning for Carlisle and have booked a car at Newark and room at Blair Mountain bed and breakfast just outside Carlisle.
Would you advice me to visit another show? Is there better?
Someone maybe could host me for a reasonable amount?

Off course regarding Mopar stuff.

Maybe this thread should go in events? Making a try.

Thanks

/Magnus

hey Swede!!!! glad you can come across the Pond. tell use how what period of time you will be here, and specific interests and we will be better able to advise.
Carlisle is the granddaddy of car show and swap, lacks poorly regarding racing. IMO

How long do you plan to stay?

Carlisle beginning of July think 2nd weekend

Mopar Nationals 2nd weekend August just outside Columbus Ohio

WOODWARD DREAM CRUISE (Google it) 3rd weekend of August not really a car show, last I heard 40-50,000 cars 1.5 million people. Not a Mopar event but the biggest car event in the world. Cars everywhere from 8 mile road to pontiac Michigan along Woodward avenue. Many communities with car shows/events along the route, Back to the Bricks in Flint, Mi. Chrysler use to have the parking lot at 13 mile and Woodward for their display, some of the coolest Chrysler Products on the earth there. Now that Fiat owns it not sure if they still do this. (13 mile & Woodward is the epicenter of the cruise)

For now I know about Carlisle and Columbus. Would be fun see some cruising and racing too.
Is there cruising in Carlisle?

This is how it looks if I choose Carlisle.

Flying to New York thursday. Taking the car (booked) friday morning to Carlisle and stays to sunday (room booked). Dont know what to do after.Dont know how long I´m staying or what to do. Someone wants to merry me??? so I can stay forever?? I assume there is some girls hanging here too ha ha :-"

If you advice me Columbus I have to make a new plan so for now it leans for Carlisle.
Convince me not going to Carlisle

If you go to the Mopar Nats the second week of August, they have racing there at the track.

Then Detroit is about 4 hours north of there and the Woodward Dream Cruise is the next weekend, but they start cruising all week long.

The Dream Cruise is an experience in itself as it's more "interactive". You can cruise up and down Woodward, or park on a side street somewhere and walk or sit along Woodward and watch all the cars go by.

The city buses are free up and down Woodward all day if you need to ride the bus.

If you do the Nat's - Dream Cruise, you can experience the different types of cruising all in a week and a half...

If you go to the Mopar Nats the second week of August, they have racing there at the track.

Then Detroit is about 4 hours north of there and the Woodward Dream Cruise is the next weekend, but they start cruising all week long.

The Dream Cruise is an experience in itself as it's more "interactive". You can cruise up and down Woodward, or park on a side street somewhere and walk or sit along Woodward and watch all the cars go by.

The city buses are free up and down Woodward all day if you need to ride the bus.

If you do the Nat's - Dream Cruise, you can experience the different types of cruising all in a week and a half...

Awesome but sounds like many $$$$

For now I know about Carlisle and Columbus. Would be fun see some cruising and racing too.
Is there cruising in Carlisle?

This is how it looks if I choose Carlisle.

Flying to New York thursday. Taking the car (booked) friday morning to Carlisle and stays to sunday (room booked). Dont know what to do after.Dont know how long I´m staying or what to do. Someone wants to merry me??? so I can stay forever?? I assume there is some girls hanging here too ha ha :-"

If you advice me Columbus I have to make a new plan so for now it leans for Carlisle.
Convince me not going to Carlisle

Unless you NEED racing and cruising stick with Carlisle. I've been to both. Carlisle is much cleaner (bathrooms and rubbish removal) and way more organized, making it easier to see what you came for. There is a track available in proximity to Carlisle but it's not on site.

Enjoy your trip.

Al

For any year that I could only make one show, it was Carlisle every time. Huge swap meet, well organized & well run.

Airfare from Alaska was very expensive, so I had to get the most bang for my buck.

I'm only 2-1/2 hour drive from Columbus and HANDS DOWN Carlisle gets my vote.

Everything mentioned about the cleanliness and organization are huge factors for me.
My last visit last year to Columbus will be my last.
I was not happy about a couple of things, but I won't drone about that.

There are cruises held during the Carlisle show, so there are opportunities for that.
Plus someone correct me if I'm wrong while there is no track on the fair grounds there is one "associated" with the program where there will be racing.

The last time I was at Carlisle Hotchkis was set-up there letting cars do an "auto cross" style coarse and I thought that was cool.

Again just my 2 cents, and was stated is not Mopar only, I've got the Woodward cruise on my mind as the next event I'd like to do.

Isn't the big Canadian Mopar show the week after the Nationals?

Yes Moparfest is the 3rd weekend in August and hosts @2000 classic Mopars plus a giant vendor area, check out their website . I drive 4500km for that show and will be leaving next friday to get there again this year . Come visit the Canadian FABO members you will have a ball .

Thanks for your input guys. Seems like I stick to the plan going to Carlisle.

Nats are just a shadow of its former self. Carlisle is much better, if your ever able Spring Fling in California is excellent but smaller, but a great show. Also The Garlits show at his museum is fun too.

When you get the chance google "Mopars at the Strip. Just another to add to the "Some Day" list.

-
Back