-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cruiser3042

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello i have a 63 valiant and i need a 65-67 b body rear end. I would prefer if it was complete hub to hub and able to install it and use it.
I looked at a body rear ends and they are out of my reach. So those year rear end will work. Ill just have to move the perches a half inch and get steel offset rims.
This is a father son project so any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

You don't want the early splined axles. And the chart you probably got the 62-70 reference from is a POS. they aren't the same widths for that range of years.

Ideally, find a 65-67 B body rear, it's slightly shorter than the 68-70 rear. Here's a good reference for rear end widths.

http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/axle/16.html

Might try putting this in the wanted section.

You don't want the early splined axles. And the chart you probably got the 62-70 reference from is a POS. they aren't the same widths for that range of years.

Ideally, find a 65-67 B body rear, it's slightly shorter than the 68-70 rear. Here's a good reference for rear end widths.

http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/axle/16.html

Might try putting this in the wanted section.
Actually the info i have is right. I plan on getting over all length and perch width before i make a buy. TI am looking for 59" or less X 43-44 perch ideally but like i said ill cut and re weld that anyway to fit my 43" perch.
Thank you for the info tho. I hope i find what you suggest. I would be very happy.

Good luck because the only B rear, 62-63 is shorter than 59" in total. It has the dreaded splined axles on both ends.

If the info you saw list 62-70 B's being the same... good luck with that too.

I got a '66 Charger 8 3/4 housing only,no backing plates or axles ...
If interested PM me.
Martin

Hello i have a 63 valiant and i need a 65-67 b body rear end. I would prefer if it was complete hub to hub and able to install it and use it.
I looked at a body rear ends and they are out of my reach. So those year rear end will work. Ill just have to move the perches a half inch and get steel offset rims.
This is a father son project so any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

I have one out of a '67 Belvedere. It is complete drum to drum. I don't know what gears are in it but the car was a 273 auto. It is out of the car.
I also have an a-body 8 3/4 complete. I need to check the gears before I price it, but it will be about twice as much as the b-body rear. PM me if you are interested.
I'm located in south central MO.
Thanks,
Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back