Wanted : 4 speed console side cover

-

tiredoftrio

Reaction score
does anyone have a side cover for an a-body 4 speed console. A few years back there was a guy repoping them out of fiberglass on eBay. I contacted him and he said he wasn't going to make anymore. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Mike

I'm looking for the side cover that hides the bottom of the shifter. The originals were cardboard and a guy made a few fiberglass ones. If not I've read you can cut a basketball to fit. Thanks for all the help.

I still have my original one, too bad the guy quit making the fiberglass repops. I still wonder exactly how they made the originals, is is cardboard but has a coating on it so it keeps its shape.

well if someone has an original or repop they can loan me I can duplicate and make up a couple dozen of them for way less than what they want for them

make me a mold out of playdough Lol ........mold her and send her to meeeeeeee

I might be able to get to my son's console (it's in my GTS for storage right now). It is ripped loose, but in pretty good shape. Let me check tomorrow.

Hey Waggs I have an original. Im wondering if you cover the part with saran wrap then use low expansion foam to make a mold?
I can loan you mine? Get it out next week
well if someone has an original or repop they can loan me I can duplicate and make up a couple dozen of them for way less than what they want for them

I appreciate everyone working together on this. It would be awesome to be able to get some of these made. Thanks a lot guys and thanks FABO for having an awesome community like this.

If he covers shipping I will make one for each of you, it doesn't seem like it will be expensive to make or ship even if you made a mold of paper mache' ? did I spell that wrong I used to spell very good and lost something

I might be able to get to my son's console (it's in my GTS for storage right now). It is ripped loose, but in pretty good shape. Let me check tomorrow.
I don't think it will be safe to use the original for a mold, will make a mold just from looking at it to get it made right, duplicate it and ship it back unharmed

Hey Waggs I have an original. Im wondering if you cover the part with saran wrap then use low expansion foam to make a mold?
I can loan you mine? Get it out next week
Just need one in my hands to look at, I don't think we should take a chance of ruining it, I will find a way to make it without the risk and send it back unharmed

Ok, I got the console out (wasn't easy). The side cover is not in great condition and I think the console is missing one clip, but the cover is off and ready to be copied.
DW179708.JPG
DW179709.JPG
DW179711.JPG

Pics of mine. Not sure ifnits missing a piece or not? In 2nd pic where my finger is, there is only a coating on the back of the carpet.
The cover doesnt cover the hole from front to back. If that makes sense.

20170419_141617.jpg

20170419_141627.jpg

-
Back