-
Status
Not open for further replies.

DustYa318

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi Guys I am looking for a transmission for my Duster, I have a 904 now but am more than willing to step up to the 727. Let me know if you know were I might be able to get my hands on one. Thanks in advance.

Hey another member from mass...why a 727 the 904 you have properly built can surely handle whatever your going to put in front of it...

Hi Guys I am looking for a transmission for my Duster, I have a 904 now but am more than willing to step up to the 727. Let me know if you know were I might be able to get my hands on one. Thanks in advance.

I've got a nice running 72 SB 727 I'd trade you for the 904. Reason: I've got a 66 slant 6 Barracuda that I'm giving to my youngest son (trying to wean him off imports). He'd rather have a V8. I've got a rebuilt 318 that I'll donate to his cause. It's mated to the aforementioned 727 (but not yet installed in anything). Since it's easier to install the 904 in an early A than the 727, I told him to start looking for a 904 we can swap to the 318. Anyway, lemme know if you're interested.

I have a fresh ,pro built sb 727. turbo action 3500 converter,manual valve body, deep pan,good bands, like new pro b&m shifter with cable and small parks for shifter. cable covered in aluminum conduit.this thing is wicked, skinny necks beware as it will snap it when you shift, sfi approved flex plate. guy I know wanted to go 4 speed and I traded him the 69 complete 4 speed for cash, a steering box and this transmission, I will guarantee this item as described for 1 year running at 550 hp or under, price is a measley $750. I would keep it as I have some 340s but I have 2 car garage and a 74 duster on 1 side and the other a 71 dart this trans is sitting between them lol. I have 7 early 400 blocks, 4 are the 230 cold weather blocks with the 1.350 webbing others .575 main webbing,630 casting, a 68 complete 383 and 5 440 blocks so in other words I need space lol im in s fla. 34953

I also have a penchant for old medicine bottles and have at least 2000 from the 1800s boxed up but I cant reach them at this point ,haha

I should have mentioned that my existing 904 appears to have fried the clutches. I am not sure if they were original or if the trans had been rebuilt before. I think I am going to stick with a 904 due to weight and it appears that properly built it can easily handle the 318. So I guess i am faced with a rebuild or an already rebuilt one.

I would go with the 904 since it is lighter and you'll see a net gain in performance. You can also get the low first gear for it alot cheaper than for a 727 so it'll be like you changed the rear end ratio on the launch. I've had a 904 in my 71 340 NHRA stocker for years and never had a problem with it. That's it on the left. Best of 10.77 at 122 mph carrying 3500 pounds of weight on 9" tires. Just my 2 cents.

Ken
Edison, NJ

I should have mentioned that my existing 904 appears to have fried the clutches. I am not sure if they were original or if the trans had been rebuilt before. I think I am going to stick with a 904 due to weight and it appears that properly built it can easily handle the 318. So I guess i am faced with a rebuild or an already rebuilt one.

I see your in Falmouth if you need a very good builder let me know,my guy is in Danvers ma,and he built the 904 thats behind my 416 stroker going on 3 seasons now of racing and it still going strong,his prices are'nt bad either...Dave

Hey another member from mass...why a 727 the 904 you have properly built can surely handle whatever your going to put in front of it...

Finally, Something we can agree on ! I prefer the 904 behind my small blocks.

I have a 904 for sale rebuilt in 96 came out of a 70 challenger 300 plus shipping out 46544

in a bigblock that 904 would blow up like a balloon, they do make an adapter kit for conversion but at 650 hp at the rear wheels kaboom

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back