WANTED: A-Body/904 console trans shift lower bracket

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
.........U have an A body 1 pitured............there is also 1 that curves the opposite way, i think they r used on B+E slapsticks, but not positive.........kim.........

Here's a pic of a 904 in an A-Body. I think the pic you have is an E-Body one.

Attachments

• 904 Tranny Bracket 003.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 136
According to the 1967 parts book, they're the same, A + B + C Body...(shrug)

Attachments

• ConsoleShiftBracketPartNumber.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 126
It's on a 72........Dang, those brackets are a b***h to figure. You might try sending a PM to member RPM. He was doing some research into repopping them.

Boy, the sellers on ebay are even confused....one says his one fits a-body, and another says it don't fit....sheesh!!

EDIT!!!...Apparently, there's a difference between ones for 904 or 727. According to one seller, they don't interchange.

There is no rocket science in that little strap. If you make your own you and use the factory bushing you simply bend it so the rod passes squarely through the bushing to extend its life. Alternatively , shove a length of neoprene hose over the rod and drill the hole oversized accordingly.
I have an original here and I would love to get 35 bucks for it.
During the years of failing busquit type motor supports, the left support would break allowing the engine and trans to rotate. Since the body and that rod didn't move the trans could and would change gears.
The later fail safe spool type motor supports cancelled out the need to redesign that part.

904 and 727 are the same it depends on what year or model you are working on PM sent

Attachments

• ConsoleShiftBracket3.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 101

Attachments

• '67Dart904FloorShiftBracket.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back