*WARNING* TTI 6.1HC headder & Starter issue

-

Buschi340

Reaction score
The footnote #10 on the TTI hompage is wrong! The Robbmc starter is not correct. Mine is not fitting (see my thread). I claimed it at robbmc and TTI.
TTI came back with following statement (copied from my e-mail):

"I have reviewed your starter issue. I see that the footnote was incorrect. The RobbMc starter is used for the TTI6.1 HCA header. The starter that is required for the TTI6.1HC header is a Chrysler starter part no. 56029274 AA"

Hope this helps someone who is doing the 6.1 swap....

this can happen when you ask 2 manufactures before you order to verify that the starter will fit to make sure NOT to waste money and do the right thing what I did....:-(

I'm so pissed off. I have a starter now with a cost of 400 USD (tax & shipping to germany) I can't use and need actually a 100 USD starter....

Thanks for the heads up.

The good news is the starter is readily available from Summit for $102.99.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Thanks for the heads up.

The good news is the starter is readily available from Summit for $102.99.

Regards,

Joe Dokes
yep, I know. And I have a fantastic piece of Robbmc to display in my living room. Maybe I put a smiley on it or a candle... over 400 bucks for nothing...

Aha, TTI did already update their homepage. Not bad the reaction time... :)

received my mopar performance (USD 100 at summit) free of charge from TTI. Way smaller than the robbmc or better way shorter. Fits in like a piece of cake.

BTW our customs don't accept free of charge. I had to pay taxes for the summit sales price. The don't care.... :-(

have u tried a starter out of a 1997 dodge dakota 5.2? that is the smallest starter i can imagine being made for our cars. dont see how it could be made any smaller. check it out. it has to be that year and model , 1997 dodge dakota, that thing is tiny! its a mini mini starter. check it out...ill post pics of mine soon.

omg. my bad sorry....dang, thought i had something! lol forgot were talking hemi here..

It's nice to see a company step up to the plate and make things more than right.

Regartds,

Joe Dokes

-
Back