Warning warning warning

-

Barrycuda

Mopar Maniac Guru
Reaction score
I am posting this to let you all know that this could happen to you .
Posting this everywhere I can. Larry seems to be in many forums so please share if you feel so inclined.

WARNING - WARNING- WARNING

Before purchasing anything from Larry Brown aka Collector Cars and Parts Exchange be forwarded of my experience.

I recently negotiated a puchase of a 55 with Larry.
We agreed on a purchase price of $28750 plus shipping on the following conditions.
1) That the car title be in his name
2) That pictures of the vin tag and registration would be sent to me.

Larry Brown agreed to this and requested a $500 deposit be sent to him via Western Union.

The Western Union was sent to him on Saturday, March 16th.

On Monday, March 18th, Larry Brown messaged me to say that HE WAS NOT WILLING to put the vehicle in his name, ( this breaches our agreement).

He then said he WAS NOT WILLING to provide photos of the vin tag or registration ( again breaching our agreement). - This makes it impossible to do a lien search putting my complete investment in jeprody not knowing if the car ha sa lien or if has been reported stolen.

At that time I insisted that my deposit be refunded, which he agreed to and said he was going to town to do it and he would send the MTCN money transfer number. HE HAS NOT and is NOT returning emails.

This leaves me to take action by contacting Boarder Security, The Missouri Highway Patrol and the IRS in an attempt to get my money back.

Be very careful and aware of Larry Brown aka Collector Cars and Parts Exchange

You say saturday the 16th, and then monday the 17th. One of your dates is wrong. Did he actually RECEIVE the money on Saturday the 16th, or is that just when you sent it? And you say Monday the 17th, Monday is actually the 18th, and depending on what time he went to town to return you the money, it may not have gotten on its way till Tuesday, which would be today. Hopefully nothing happened to where he has been hurt while on the way to return your money. Sounds like he may just be slow to return the money, not that he's keeping it. Hopefully you get the money back soon.

Its been 3 days. One of which was a Sunday. I would give the guy some time.

So what's the skinny on this? Has this been resolved? I hate to see a guys name and rep bashed online for the world to see and then not know the outcome!

So what's the skinny on this? Has this been resolved? I hate to see a guys name and rep bashed online for the world to see and then not know the outcome!

following this thread, he has a nice looking 64 Polara.

The op hasn't been on since his second post on the thread.
Last Activity: 03-21-2013 12:06 AM

I agree with Adam.... i see someone requiring western union and I run.

this whole deal is something I would NEVER get involved with

if I cant see or touch the cash and paperwork , face to face with the seller , im gone...

-
Back